Re: IBM Position Statement on XForms and Web Forms 2.0

From: Luca Mascaro <info@lucamascaro.info>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:05:19 +0200
To: "Dave Raggett" <dsr@w3.org>
Cc: "Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, public-appformats@w3.org, www-forms@w3.org

> In my work on HTML Tidy, I found that one
> pernicious problem with forms as defined in HTML4 is the need to
> enclose form fields in a form element.

Fully agree

My personal observation is that: In many case for develop a web
application with asincronus approach (it does not appeal to call it
ajax :-) the concept of "canonical form" isn't correct, because the
entire application is a form but whit many target (actions).

In this case, in future, an approach Xform-compliant with one
conceptual greater separation  is preferible.

Regards

Luca

--
Luca Mascaro