Re: IBM Position Statement on XForms and Web Forms 2.0

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:57:21 -0400
To: Francisco Monteiro <monterro2004@tiscali.co.uk>
CC: public-appformats@w3.org

Francisco Monteiro wrote:
> Hello John
>
> And what are we meant to read or understand in this statement.

   Near as I can tell, they're saying that we should merge Web Forms 2.0
with XForms, break backwards compatibility with older versions of XForms
and serve it up with the "text/html" MIME type while forcing authors to
use XHTML. Best of all, they're suggesting it within hours of Ian
Hickson posting an email stating that he's going on a three week vacation.

   Then again, I can't be sure that's what they're saying, as the
message is rather incomprehensible.