Re: XBL media type?

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:19:07 +0100
To: public-appformats@w3.org

Hi Lachlan,

> An document with <xbl xmlns="http://.../xbl"> as its root element will
> already provide that functionality much more reliably than the MIME
> type.  It's the namespace that matters in XML, not the MIME type.

But that was one of Mark's points, I think...that an XSLT with <xbl>
as the root element could be mistaken for an XBL document.

(And to answer Ian's question as to why you might want to have such an
XSLT file--how about a transform for creating XBL from HTC?)

> Another reason would be to allow for content negotiation, but that would
> only be useful if there were ever another binding language for browsers
> to choose from and authors had a reason to provide equivalent bindings
> in two different languages.

Which I think is very likely. (To link back to another discussion, I
also think it's likely that you could have more than one language
inside the XBL document itself.)

Regards,

Mark

--