Re: [AC] other issues

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 19:26:17 +0000 (UTC)
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: ext Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-appformats@w3.org

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Presumably syntax errors such as this could be found before deployment.
> Thus to facilitate future proofing, it seems like ignoring the invalid
> value would be best (for example in case the syntax and/or semantics of
> a pseudo-attribute's value changes in a subsequent version of the spec).

Quick note -- we should make sure that whatever the error-handling /
fallback logic is, it defaults to secure rather than defaulting to allow.

In particular, if AC has a construct that allows a PI to override a
previous PI to narrow the allowed domains, for instance, then a failure in
the syntax of the second PI should lock out _all_ domains. (I haven't
checked to see if that is an example that makes sense, but hopefully you
understand the point I'm making.)

Cheers,