Re: Decouple XBL2 From CSS

From: Antoine Quint <aq@fuchsia-design.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:38:02 +0200
Cc: doug.schepers@vectoreal.com, public-appformats@w3.org
To: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>

Hi all,

On 3 août 2006, at 00:12, Matthew Raymond wrote:

>    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that
> <xbl:binding xbl:element="[W3C Selector]"> could be used for binding.

That's right. However, the selector is CSS3 Selectors only, if I
follow the reference in the current XBL2 draft. I think it would be
great if XPath selectors were also accepted for bindings, if only
because XPath is well understood by browsers out there today (well,
at least WebKit, Gecko-based browsers, Opera and Internet Explorer)
and is a core XML technology which XBL is poised to become too.

Also, XPath is already a W3C recommendation.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint — Fuchsia Design
SVG & Client-side XML Consulting