W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > November 2018

APA call minutes 2018-11-07

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 19:01:50 +0100
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000001d476c3$f5aef050$e10cd0f0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2018/11/07-apa-minutes.html
Text format: See below.

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Janina to draft a message to the Trace Context spec authors -
and run by Joanie.
https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-distributed-tracing-20181106/
[NEW] ACTION: Janina to draft a paper for the Strong Authentication &
Identity Workshop

Best regards,
Gottfried 

___________________________________________________
 
 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
 Access Technologies Group, Germany
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

07 Nov 2018

Attendees

   Present
          janina, Becka11y, Joanmarie_Diggs, Jonny, James,
          Gottfried

   Regrets
          John, Chris

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. [4]Next and future meetings
         3. [5]TPAC 2018 Outcomes
         4. [6]Strong Authentication & Identity Workshop
            https://www.w3.org/Security/strong-authentication-and-
            identity-workshop/
         5. [7]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. [8]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         7. [9]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <janina> Thanks, Joanie

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

Agenda Review & Announcements

   Accessibility perspective to IBM acquisition?

   IBM acquired Redhat corporation

   Not sure what this means to IBM accessibility.

Next and future meetings

   Janina: We are meeting next week, but not the week following
   due to Thanksgiving. Again meeting on Nov. 28, and then all the
   way until Dec. 19.
   ... Then again on Jan. 9.

   <Becka11y> regrets for Nov. 14 meeting - away at Accessing
   Higher Ground conference

TPAC 2018 Outcomes

   Janina: This was a useful and productive TPAC.
   ... The main concepts we have promoted seem to resonated
   through the wider W3C.
   ... Good discussions by APA-sponsored meetings and breakout on
   Wednesday.
   ... Significant advancements.
   ... Personalization, pronunciation task forces.
   ... I will try to gather pointers to the minutes which are
   spread over the place.
   ... Look at "Resource" section in the meeting invitation
   ... Joint meeting on Wed with other W3C people who also do
   horizontal review.
   ... I18n = internationalization had great ideas for us
   ... Similar reports on what works and what does not.
   ... Michael and i talked briefly about moving our reviews into
   github to better track progress and responses from other wgs.
   ... When we assign somebody to review a spec, and then it
   migrates to another wg...
   ... github may facilitate a better cracking algorithm.

   Michael: I18n has the same challenges we have. No silver bullet
   found either.
   ... They have evolved some github practices that work for them.
   We may adopt the same, working towards a common w3c
   infrastructure.
   ... They both track an issue in their own tracker, and they
   file an issue on the spec's tracker.
   ... More admin work, but perhaps less likely to lose things.

   Janina: They are willing to share their scripts and templates
   with us.

   Michael: They have an i18n tag for tagging issues in other
   repos.

   Janina: Personalization will be handled in the tf.
   ... Knowledge domain is getting defined as to where it goes.
   ... There are pointers in the minutes.
   ... Feel free to talk about it on list.

Strong Authentication & Identity Workshop
[12]https://www.w3.org/Security/strong-authentication-and-identity-wo
rkshop/

     [12]
https://www.w3.org/Security/strong-authentication-and-identity-workshop/

   Janina: We still haven't found anybody for this upcoming
   workshop.
   ... About one month from now.
   ... What should we do?
   ... Should i write an overview paper, and then try to find
   someone with travel budget for Seattle.
   ... Anything to recommend?

   <scribe> ACTION: Janina to draft a paper for the Strong
   Authentication & Identity Workshop

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2182 - Draft a paper for the strong
   authentication & identity workshop [on Janina Sajka - due
   2018-11-14].

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

new on TR [14]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   Michael: File API. We did not want to look at it a while ago.
   But now a new draft is out.

   [15]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-FileAPI-20181106/

     [15] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-FileAPI-20181106/

   Janina: Not clear we need to review this.

   (Michael reads the use cases)

   Janina: Let's give it another chance next time when more are
   present in APA
   ... Keep it on list

   [16]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-pointerlock-2-20181106/

     [16] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-pointerlock-2-20181106/

   Point Lock 2.0

   Michael: For 1.0 we sent feedback and considered it complete.
   ... For 2.0 we deferred one year ago.

   Abstract: This specification defines an API that provides
   scripted access to raw mouse movement data while locking the
   target of mouse events to a single element and removing the
   cursor from view. This is an essential input mode for certain
   classes of applications, especially first person perspective 3D
   applications and 3D modeling software.

   <MichaelC> [17]Pointer Lock 2.0

     [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/pointerlock-2/

   <MichaelC> earlier comments:
   [18]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jul/001
   0.html

     [18] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jul/0010.html

   Michael: This comment was just sent to the ARIA group.

   Janina: Does this need to be sent to others?

   Becky: They seem to have acknowledged that there are a11y
   implications. That's a start. I don't know how to use this yet,
   though.

   Janina: Is there a use case doc?

   Michael: There is a section for use cases.

   Becky: Control viewpoint orientation.

   [19]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-pointerlock-2-20181106/#relat
   ive-view-port-rotation-of-free-moving-virtual-actors

     [19]
https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-pointerlock-2-20181106/#relative-view-port-rot
ation-of-free-moving-virtual-actors

   scribe: Following mouse movements even when the pointer is not
   on the screen.
   ... You can use the buttons for something else without worrying
   about moving the mouse.
   ... Where you click is not necessarily where the pointer is.

   Michael: Either APA or ARIA need to take it up. Seems like
   something is dangling from the previous round.

   Becky: Wonder about timing of users. May be an a11y issue.

   Janina: I need to ask research questions on this.
   ... They have been looking at AI and VR.
   ... We need to come up with a way to handle the capabilities
   they are providing.
   ... Not sure this is high on our prio list.

   Michael: Somebody has to catch this. We should do something to
   make sure it is looked after.

   Becky: If we had somebody with experience in gaming...

   Janina: I only know ARIA to ask.

   Michael: Seems this is not in ARIA's issues list.

   Joanie: I thought we had an issue, but need to look.

   Michael: Did not find it quickly.

   Janina: Will take it to RQTF
   ... Let's leave this open for now.

   [20]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-distributed-tracing-20181106/

     [20] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-distributed-tracing-20181106/

   <MichaelC> [21]Trace Context

     [21] https://www.w3.org/TR/distributed-tracing/

   Abstract: Distributed tracing is a set of tools and practices
   to monitor the health and reliability of a distributed
   application. A distributed application is an application that
   consists of multiple components that are deployed and operated
   separately. It is also known as micro-service.

   Michael: Sounds like make sure the web stays up...
   ... I don't see a11y issues immediately.

   Janina: Notification mechanism in the spec?

   Michael: No, simply has data fields.

   Janina: I see no need for review.

   Joanie: It may be covered by privacy & security. But what if
   the spec allows to communicate that a11y is being used, it
   might violate privacy.
   ... For example when something crashes and reports the stack...

   Michael: We might want to have something added to the privacy
   section.
   ... If we think there is a potential a11y spec, we need to
   voice this.

   Becky: They are aware of personal identification risks.

   Joanie: Could we send an email to the privacy people to ask for
   a privacy statement here?

   Michael: Not sure they would look at the email.

   Joanie: What about emailing the spec owners - what if a11y
   information would be included in the trace?

   Janina: Let me try a draft, and then run it by you.

   Michael: They will need an example of what we are thinking
   about.

   Joanie: E.g. sending a name calculation, would only happen if
   AT is connected.

   Janina: I can think about 3 examples in 20 mins.

   <scribe> ACTION: Janina to draft a message to the Trace Context
   spec authors - and run by Joanie.
   [22]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-distributed-tracing-20181106/

     [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-distributed-tracing-20181106/

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2183 - Draft a message to the trace
   context spec authors - and run by joanie.
   [23]https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/
   [on Janina Sajka - due 2018-11-14].

     [23] https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/

   Michael: Web Audio API still open on Janina.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[24]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [24] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   Janina: We need to clean up actions.
   ... And take another crack at community groups.

   action-2181?

   <trackbot> action-2181 -- Janina Sajka to Review
   [25]https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/ navigation
   timing level 2 -- due 2018-10-31 -- OPEN

     [25] https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/

   <trackbot> [26]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181

     [26] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181

   Janina: Not done

   action-2180?

   <trackbot> action-2180 -- John Foliot to Respond review of page
   visibility level 2 at
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-apa/2018jul/0020
   .html -- due 2018-09-19 -- OPEN

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-apa/2018jul/0020.html

   <trackbot> [28]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2180

     [28] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2180

   action-2177?

   <trackbot> action-2177 -- Jason White to Review web
   authentication in response to wide review request -- due
   2018-08-08 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [29]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2177

     [29] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2177

   <MichaelC> close action-2176

   <trackbot> Closed action-2176.

   <MichaelC> close action-2177

   <trackbot> Closed action-2177.

   Janina: That's OBE

   Michael: I am going to mark Web Authentication as OBE.

   action-2173?

   <trackbot> action-2173 -- Janina Sajka to Review
   mediastreamtrack content hints -- due 2018-07-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [30]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2173

     [30] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2173

   Janina: will not get to this
   ... not needed

   <MichaelC> close action-2173

   <trackbot> Closed action-2173.

   action-2170?

   <trackbot> action-2170 -- Amy Carney to Review css fonts module
   level 4 -- due 2018-05-02 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [31]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2170

     [31] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2170

   Janina: We can skip CSS tf

   <MichaelC> close action-2170

   <trackbot> Closed action-2170.

   Janina: Ian will be back here, but he will also engage with css
   tf more directly.

   action-2169?

   <trackbot> action-2169 -- Janina Sajka to Ask web assembly wg
   about web assembly core, what are use cases, does it impact ui
   and need a11y advice about using a11y api -- due 2018-02-28 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169

     [32] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169

   Janina: Leave open

   action-2168?

   <trackbot> action-2168 -- Janina Sajka to Review credential
   management level 1 -- due 2018-02-28 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [33]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2168

     [33] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2168

   Michael: We wanted a coga review, had some thoughts on it. But
   didn't do anything.

   Janina: Let's look up these points, and ask Lisa to take care.
   ... for a coga review.

   action-2160?

   <trackbot> action-2160 -- Léonie Watson to Review web of things
   (wot) security and privacy considerations -- due 2018-09-13 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [34]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2160

     [34] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2160

   Janina: Let's wait until she is here.

   action-2157?

   <trackbot> action-2157 -- Joanmarie Diggs to Create an editing
   aam -- due 2017-12-06 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [35]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2157

     [35] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2157

   <MichaelC> action-2157 due 1 year

   <trackbot> Set action-2157 Create an editing aam due date to
   2019-11-07.

   Joanie: Still on my list. Ultimately should move over to web
   platform.

   action-2151?

   <trackbot> action-2151 -- Janina Sajka to Review permissions
   [36]https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions/ -- due 2019-03-01 --
   OPEN

     [36] https://www.w3.org/tr/permissions/

   <trackbot> [37]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2151

     [37] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2151

   action-2150

   <trackbot> action-2150 -- Janina Sajka to Review a sample of
   specifications to analyse their security and privacy sections.
   -- due 2017-10-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [38]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2150

     [38] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2150

   <MichaelC> close action-2150

   <trackbot> Closed action-2150.

   action-2149?

   <trackbot> action-2149 -- Léonie Watson to Review web of things
   (wot) thing description -- due 2018-09-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [39]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2149

     [39] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2149

   action-2134?

   <trackbot> action-2134 -- Michael Cooper to Ping review of css
   overflow module level 4 -- due 2018-07-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [40]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2134

     [40] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2134

   <MichaelC> close action-2134

   <trackbot> Closed action-2134.

   action-2131?

   <trackbot> action-2131 -- Michael Cooper to Ask webappsec if
   csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y
   scripts that users explicitly request (not xss) -- due
   2018-09-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [41]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

     [41] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

   action-2111?

   <trackbot> action-2111 -- Janina Sajka to Check on the status
   of our previous comments on payments -- due 2018-09-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [42]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2111

     [42] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2111

   Michael: Shane worked up a paragraph or two. They did not like
   it.

   <MichaelC> proposed Payments sentence: ¨Implementations should
   provide hints to platform accessibility APIs to increase the
   intelligibility of labels and payment request data such as the
   total, shipping addresses, and contact information.¨

   Michael: This is a proposal from Ian Jacobs.

   Janina: Sounds okay.

   Michael: Term reference would be good.
   ... Now back into pre-old stuff.

   Janina: So let's close it for now. Talk to you next week again.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Janina to draft a message to the Trace Context
   spec authors - and run by Joanie.
   https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-distributed-tracing-20181106/
   [NEW] ACTION: Janina to draft a paper for the Strong
   Authentication & Identity Workshop

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [43]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([44]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/11/07 18:00:21 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56
Check for newer version at [45]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/"/)/
Succeeded: s/Jainina/Janina/
Present: janina Becka11y Joanmarie_Diggs Jonny James Gottfried
Regrets: John Chris
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 07 Nov 2018
People with action items: janina

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   [End of [46]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 7 November 2018 18:02:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 November 2018 18:02:16 UTC