W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > December 2018

APA call minutes 2018-12-12

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:56:49 +0100
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <065801d49244$1b86fd90$5294f8b0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2018/12/12-apa-minutes.html
Text format: see below.

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: janina to review WebRTC Next Version Use Cases

Best regards,
Gottfried 

___________________________________________________
 
 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
 Access Technologies Group, Germany
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

12 Dec 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Joanmarie_Diggs, irfan, janina, Becka11y, MichaelC,
          Gottfried, Léonie, (tink), JonnyJames

   Regrets
          John, Becky

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda Review & Announcements
         2. [4]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         3. [5]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         4. [6]Considerations Draft
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Dec
            /0010.html
         5. [7]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. [8]Specification Matrix Review
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review
         7. [9]Community Group Redux
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
         8. [10]Other Business
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

Agenda Review & Announcements

   Gottfried: Stepping down from being a liaison, reporting from
   SC35 to W3C. But staying in W3C APA.

   Janina: We will have one more call this year - next week. Then
   resume on Jan. 9.

new on TR [13]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [13] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   [14]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-coga-usable-20181211/

     [14] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-coga-usable-20181211/

   Michael: I assume we don't need to track our own work?

   Janina: Yes

   <MichaelC> [15]CSS Fragmentation Module Level 3

     [15] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-break-3/

   Janina: We get a lot of navigation scenarios, from RQTF.
   ... Math-related, chemistry, ...
   ... Requirements for different kinds of navigation are becoming
   obvious. How can we facilitate accessible access?

   Michael: Navigation issue in knowledge domains different from
   navigation issues in CSS?

   Janina: Yes, we need to find out.

   Michael: CSS navigation issue has been dangling in CSS wg for a
   while - with no progress. What can we give them?

   <MichaelC> [16]WebRTC Next Version Use Cases

     [16] https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-nv-use-cases/

   Michael: Shadi wants to submit use cases
   ... We do not have issues with this.

   Janina: I can submit use cases.

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review WebRTC Next Version Use
   Cases

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2187 - Review webrtc next version use
   cases [on Janina Sajka - due 2018-12-19].

   <MichaelC> action-2187:
   [17]https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-nv-use-cases/

     [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-nv-use-cases/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2187 Review webrtc next
   version use cases.

   <MichaelC> action-2187:
   [18]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebRTC_Next_Version_Use_Cas
   es

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebRTC_Next_Version_Use_Cases

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2187 Review webrtc next
   version use cases.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2185?

   <trackbot> action-2185 -- Janina Sajka to Return to drafting
   comments on poe use cases and requirements -- due 2018-12-05 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2185

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2185

   POE = Permission, Obligation, Expression

   action-2184?

   <trackbot> action-2184 -- Michael Cooper to Draft accessibility
   considerations section for
   [21]https://www.w3.org/tr/filter-effects-1/ -- due 2018-12-05
   -- OPEN

     [21] https://www.w3.org/tr/filter-effects-1/

   <trackbot> [22]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2184

     [22] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2184

   Janina: Becky has done this.
   ... Separate on our agenda today.

   <MichaelC> close action-2183

   <trackbot> Closed action-2183.

   <MichaelC> close action-2184

   <trackbot> Closed action-2184.

   <MichaelC> reopen action 2183

   action-2183

   <trackbot> action-2183 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a message to
   the trace context spec authors - and run by joanie.
   [23]https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/
   -- due 2018-11-14 -- OPEN

     [23] https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/

   <trackbot> [24]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2183

     [24] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2183

   action-2182

   <trackbot> action-2182 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a paper for the
   strong authentication & identity workshop -- due 2018-11-14 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [25]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2182

     [25] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2182

   Janina: OBE

   <MichaelC> close action-2182

   <trackbot> Closed action-2182.

   action-2181

   <trackbot> action-2181 -- Janina Sajka to Review
   [26]https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/ navigation
   timing level 2 -- due 2018-10-31 -- OPEN

     [26] https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/

   <trackbot> [27]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181

     [27] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181

   Janina: Fingerprinting considerations?

   Michael: yes

   action-2169

   <trackbot> action-2169 -- Janina Sajka to Ask web assembly wg
   about web assembly core, what are use cases, does it impact ui
   and need a11y advice about using a11y api -- due 2018-02-28 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [28]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169

     [28] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169

   action-2131

   <trackbot> action-2131 -- Michael Cooper to Ask webappsec if
   csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y
   scripts that users explicitly request (not xss) -- due
   2018-09-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [29]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

     [29] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

   Janina: Still relevant?

   Michael: Still in wd mode

   action-618

   <trackbot> action-618 -- Janina Sajka to relay conclusions to
   the IETF HTTP group -- due 2013-12-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [30]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/618

     [30] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/618

Considerations Draft
[31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Dec/0010.html

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Dec/0010.html

   Janina: Becky posted this a few days ago.
   ... Should we run a formal CfC on it?

   Michael: Minor word-smithing, but otherwise okay

   Janina: Let's put forward a CfC expiring on Monday.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[32]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [32] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Specification Matrix Review
[33]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

     [33] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

   Michael: Last time, we went through the "active" category.
   ... There is CSS
   ... There is only 4 specs where spec review is requested from
   us.

   <MichaelC> close action-2161

   <trackbot> Closed action-2161.

   Michael: Still have Page Visibility Level 2,
   [34]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Page_Visibility_Level_2

     [34] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Page_Visibility_Level_2

   Janina: I thought we made some progress on this this year.
   ... I will try to follow up.

   Michael: Category Spec Review Needed,
   [35]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Needed

     [35] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Needed

   Janina: Let's take this list of specs to the WAI Coordination
   ... Can we propose it for Judy's agenda next Wed?

   <MichaelC> [36]Confinement with Origin Web Labels

     [36] https://www.w3.org/TR/COWL/

   Michael: FPWD from 3 years ago. We need an AT expert to review
   it.

   Janina: Not sure this is going anywhere.

   Michael: Web app sec wg.
   ... We can either discard or take it to WAI Coord.

   Janina: Let's keep it on the list.

   <MichaelC> [37]HTML Imports

     [37] https://www.w3.org/TR/html-imports/

   Michael: Looking at their draft charter, not listed as new
   deliverable. Most likely dead.

   Janina: Let's drop.

   <MichaelC> [38]Web Publications for the Open Web Platform:
   Vision And Technical Challenges

     [38] https://www.w3.org/TR/pwp/

   Michael: This is an interest group note. Looks like they
   renamed it since we looked at it.

   Janina: Publishing should be interested.

   Michael: It comes from the digital publishing wg.
   ... Shall we trust Tzviya?
   ... No need to review?

   Janina: Yes

   <MichaelC> [39]System Keyboard Lock

     [39] https://garykac.github.io/system-keyboard-lock/

   Janina: Sounds like an AT thing

   Michael: Somehow this hit our radar, but not a TR doc.
   ... Has not been updated for a while.
   ... They don't have a doc in their charter like this.

   Janina: Abandon.

Community Group Redux
[40]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

     [40] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   Janina: How can we be more useful, and associate a person with
   every CG that might have meaningful work for us to track.
   ... And we need to list these associated persons.

   Gottfried: I am in Accessible Online Learning Community Group.
   ... I can track that work - but not very active now.

   Janina: We need to update this page, and add new names.

Other Business

   Irfan: Recruiting right now. Will start calls in Jan, bi-weekly
   first.
   ... A lot of people have shown interest.

   Michael: Many people were interested, but only a couple of them
   have taken the next step.

   Irfan: Not unusual.

   Janina: I want to be in the loop.

   Irfan: How long is the recruiting phase usually?

   Janina: It helps to have use cases specified, and done the gap
   analysis.

   Irfan: We have been talking about this a couple of years.

   Janina: Maybe pull this together in a doc?
   ... Then FPWD, and advise the wider W3C community.
   ... After that time look at responses and edit accordingly. We
   should use GitHub this time.
   ... You need two independent implementations before
   publication.
   ... We may need to start as a note, and get an amendment to our
   charter to make it a spec.

   Michael: Good to do this in a Wiki, i will help putting
   forward.

   Janina: We are done!

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review WebRTC Next Version Use Cases

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([42]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/12/12 17:55:29 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56
Check for newer version at [43]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Web Coordination/WAI Coordination/
Default Present: Joanmarie_Diggs, irfan, janina, Becka11y, MichaelC, Got
tfried, Léonie, (tink)
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs irfan janina Becka11y MichaelC Gottfried Léonie
 (tink) JonnyJames
Regrets: John Becky
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 12 Dec 2018
People with action items: janina

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   [End of [44]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 12 December 2018 17:57:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 12 December 2018 17:57:36 UTC