W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > September 2017

Minutes from 20 September

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:09:16 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20170920170916.GO9184@rednote.net>
Minutes from the APA teleconference of 20 September are provided below as
text. They're available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html


   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                        Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

20 Sep 2017

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          janina_, Joanmarie_Diggs, IanPouncey, MichaelC, Léonie

   Regrets
   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          Léonie

Contents

     * Topics
         1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. TPAC 2017 Planning
         3. Push/Notifications API and Input Events Updates [See Below
         4. CSS Task Force -- Ian
         5. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Léonie

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   JS: Catch up agenda today.
   ... Any items for the agenda?

   IP: Time to discuss TPAC time for the CSS TF.

   JS: Ok.
   ... Have also been thinking about alt guidance again.
   ... Thanks to Léonie for response.

   LW: The guidance on the wiki is out of date.
   ... Will talk to PLH about it.
   ... Ther.. Also Liam's suggestion to maintain separate guidance because people don't look in the spec.
   ... Would be curious to know what evidence there is that people don't look in the spec for guidance.
   ... The HTML spec has lots of authoring guidance on all manner of things.

   MC: Combining authoring guidance and browser implementation in the spec isn't helpful.

   LW: It would be good to get some evidence for whether people struggle with that or not.

   JS: Not something I want to fall on my sword over, but worth thinking about I think.

TPAC 2017 Planning

   JS: Michael is able to regular expression localisation of meeting times for remote participants.

Push/Notifications API and Input Events Updates [See Below

   JS: Chaals suggested that we file an issue on Input Events.

   <janina_> https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/74

   JS: It links to substantive discussion on this call.
   ... Please add to the issue.

   <janina_> https://github.com/whatwg/notifications/issues/107

   JS: Have opened an issue on the Notifications at WWG.
   ... Anne VK has offered to join our call.
   ... Suggest two weeks today?

   LW: Appreciate you can't schedule around one person, but if you could bump a week that would be good.

   JS: Can do.
   ... Anne actually suggested it should be filed against the Push API spec!
   ... WWG has also put out a call for accessibility participation.

CSS Task Force -- Ian

   JS: How much time would you like at TPAC?

   IP: 10 minutes would do it.

   MC: Suggest you take longer.
   ... The TF is joint between ARIA, APA, and CSS, so we need to request time from all three.
   ... Suggest we request time in the CSS WG slot.
   ... Get input on how they'd like the TF to evolve etc.
   ... Time for some strategic planning.

   IP: There is an update to give.
   ... Plus a call for participation.

   MC: Think we should pick up this thread with the CSS WG.

   +1 Michael.

   IP: Time for APA as a whole would be good.
   ... I recall discussion last year of mdia features for example.

   MC: That was ARIA.

   JS: Think we need to factor all this in, and also the ARIA personalisation work.
   ... Suggest we ask for an hour with CSS WG, possibly 90 mins.

   IP: Yes. I was just thinking initially of time for an update.

   MC: Think we should develop a clear starting agenda to share with them.

   JMD: CSS meets Mon/Tue.
   ... I'd like to be at the meeting.
   ... We can use ARIA meeting time on Thu/Fri to debrief/plan.

   jS: If you make the CSS/APA meeting, I think it counds as including ARIA.
   ... Will send CSS a headsup.

   IP: I'm waiting for Rossen to create a tag for tracking feedback.

   MC: Has he given you access to the repo yet?

   IP: No

   MC: Has he acknowledged your request?

   IP: Sort of.

   JS: Worth a ping.

   IP: I'm on it.

   LW: Next time you ping, suggest you include the team contact.

   JS: Michael too. It's a joint TF.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2143?

   <trackbot> action-2143 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review ttml 2 and send response to explicit review request -- due 2017-09-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2143

   JS: Looked at it.
   ... Found no issues.
   ... Will send a note to let them know.

   action-2141?

   <trackbot> action-2141 -- Léonie Watson to Review verifiable claims data model and representations https://www.w3.org/tr/verifiable-claims-data-model/ -- due
   2017-08-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2141

   LW: Done. Sent a reply to the list.
   ... Found no issues.

   action-2140?

   <trackbot> action-2140 -- Janina Sajka to Ping shane re action-2123 -- due 2017-08-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2140

   <MichaelC> close action-2141

   <trackbot> Closed action-2141.

   JMD: Reached out to Shane, and will do so again.

   action-2138?

   <trackbot> action-2138 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webvtt1/ webvtt: the web video text tracks format -- due 2017-09-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2138

   JS: Done.
   ... Sent feedback.

   <MichaelC> close action-2138

   <trackbot> Closed action-2138.

   <MichaelC> close action-2137

   <trackbot> Closed action-2137.

   action-2133?

   <trackbot> action-2133 -- Janina Sajka to Manage review of payment handler api https://www.w3.org/tr/payment-handler/ -- due 2017-06-28 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2133

   JS: Will ping Katie.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   akim, take up item 6

   <MichaelC> Web of Things (WoT) Architecture

   MC: Web of Things Architecture

   JS: Assign to me.

   LW: Happy to as well if useful

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Web of Things (WoT) Architecture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2146 - Review web of things (wot) architecture [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-09-27].

   <MichaelC> action-2146: https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2146 Review web of things (wot) architecture.

   JS: May take this to RQTF

   <MichaelC> action-2146: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Architecture

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2146 Review web of things (wot) architecture.

   <MichaelC> ACTION: watson to review Web of Things (WoT) Architecture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2147 - Review web of things (wot) architecture [on Léonie Watson - due 2017-09-27].

   <MichaelC> action-2147: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Architecture

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2147 Review web of things (wot) architecture.

   <MichaelC> action-2147: https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-architecture/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2147 Review web of things (wot) architecture.

   MC: Web of Things Scripting API

   <MichaelC> Web of Things (WoT) Scripting API

   LW: I'll take this one.

   JS: One use case I want to be sure is considered

   <MichaelC> ACTION: watson to review Web of Things (WoT) Scripting API [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2148 - Review web of things (wot) scripting api [on Léonie Watson - due 2017-09-27].

   <MichaelC> action-2148: https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-scripting-api/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2148 Review web of things (wot) scripting api.

   JS: When you don't get IP involved until there is data on the server.

   <MichaelC> action-2148: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Scripting_API

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2148 Review web of things (wot) scripting api.

   JS: Fault tolerance is based on the notion of being able to talk to N number of gateways.

   LW: My knowledge doesn't extend into this area.

   JS: Think it'll come under the Architetures, so I'll get it.

   <MichaelC> Web of Things (WoT) Thing Description

   MC: Web of Things Description

   JS: Will take a look.

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Web of Things (WoT) Thing Description [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2149 - Review web of things (wot) thing description [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-09-27].

   <MichaelC> action-2149: https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-thing-description/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2149 Review web of things (wot) thing description.

   <MichaelC> action-2149: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_of_Things_(WoT)_Thing_Description

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2149 Review web of things (wot) thing description.

   MC: Interaction Observers

   <MichaelC> Intersection Observer

   LW: Per the WebPlat wide review request, I don't think it has UI implications.

   MC: Skimming the intro, tend to agree.

   JS: Relevant to CSS?

   MC: It relates to preloading DOM data.

   IP: Don't think it's of concern to us.

   LW: The spec already has 3 lots of interop, s expect it to move through the Process swiftly.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review Web of Things (WoT) Architecture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review Web of Things (WoT) Thing Description [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: watson to review Web of Things (WoT) Architecture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: watson to review Web of Things (WoT) Scripting API [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/20-apa-minutes.html#action03]

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: janina_ Joanmarie_Diggs IanPouncey MichaelC Léonie
Found Scribe: Léonie
People with action items: janina watson


-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 20 September 2017 17:09:40 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 20 September 2017 17:09:40 UTC