Re: Interesting development with CAPTCHA

Thanks, Leonie:

Two quick comments ...

Léonie Watson writes:
> Janina,
>
> This might be of interest to the RQTF working on the CAPTCHA document. It
> reports that AI has been used to successfully solve a CAPTCHA:
> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41775968

1.)	Interestingly, the above URI won't resolve, at least not the
past few hours. I can resolve bbc.com, but not www.bbc.com; yet an http
request to bbc.com gets redirected to www.bbc.com. Seems someone's
might have gotten their web server and DNS configs misaligned?

2.)	Can you confirm whether the BBC news item is about the article in Science?

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2017/10/26/science.aag2612

Jason spotted this one yesterday, and I now have a todo about checking
for their policy on persistent URIs, as I expect we'll want to cite this
article in any Captcha Note rewrite.

Thanks again for flagging this.

Janina

--