W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > November 2017

APA Minutes for 29 November

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 13:07:36 -0500
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20171129180736.GA5067@rednote.net>

Minutes from the APA teleconference of 29 November are provided below as text.
They're also available as hypertext at:

https://www.w3.org/2017/11/29-apa-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                        Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

29 Nov 2017

Attendees

   Present
          tdrake, MichaelC, Joanmarie_Diggs, Becka11y, Léonie, janina, gottfried

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          becka11y

Contents

     * Topics
         1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. Telecon Schedule Through Year's End
         3. TPAC Followup {See Joint Meetings Below]
         4. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         5. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <janina> scribe: becka11y

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   <MichaelC> scribe: Becka11y

   introductions

Telecon Schedule Through Year's End

   Janina: two meetings beyond this one 6th and 13th of December

   resume meetings on Jan 3, 2018

TPAC Followup {See Joint Meetings Below]

   Janina: met with other working groups at TPAC - was productive

   good meeting with CSS, but need to keep moving to keep credibility. Navigation issue may be bigger than CSS conversation, may need to include SVG. Also got similar
   questions from WebVR folks - how to navigate when move whole body/objects

   research questions group is also interested in meeting with us as is WebVR group

   met with automotive. That group is approaching spec in W3C space in an incremental fashion. What do we need for autonomous vehicles for people with disabilities. What
   can we identify as use cases that can be expanded into requirements

   haven‚€™t build user interface requirements yet - will need to convince competing companies that standardization is good; so far sharing only low level info like oil
   level, etc.

   group asked what type of approach for user interface and Janina emphasized that we have already defined accessibility via HTML, ARIA and other specs.

   Janina suggesting that we develop use cases and scenarios about the incremental issues that might benefit from a11y support (not the overall interface but tackle
   incrementally)

   research questions group interested in thinking about that as well

   good meeting with publishing - see the links in the agenda

   main item out of publishing - probably some requests to HTML that will raise some questions that never got resolved around media

   some issues for synchronized media will probably relate to transcipts

   for example: when you add audio to a book, time becomes involved and needs to be kept in sync

   pub group will probably ask about tracking pages

   Issue around input events

   Janinia states there is an issue around input events

   need support for good inline language switching

   one example is how to deal with punctuation switching, etc. and how that is announced/handled

   agreed that action for input events and editing would go to Joanie but no formal action item.

   <tink> ACTION: Joanie to create an Editing AAM

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2157 - Create an editing aam [on Joanmarie Diggs - due 2017-12-06].

   Janina met with people working with web payments

   made process writing an accessibility user requirements document

   we surfaced issue of accessible receipting

   from brick and mortar stores since usually get from online merchants

   michael: verifying claims/receipts is important as well - so we need to support that

   tim: asks if we have any standard to follow for receipts

   Janina: not yet, just a use case. Also have to consider privacy

   Michael: imp. use case is that you should be able to verify the amount before and after the transaction

   Janina: curious about the error rate of supermarkets

   Michael: should also look at the errors between posted price and scanned/electronic price

   Janina: payments wants to bring more of world pop. into economy - noted that over 1 billion people don‚€™t have a bank account

   Michael: some of thos folks have a mobile provider that provides that service

   Janina: payments groups wants to more formally bring those mobile people further into the process

   Ted: good timing to look at this as Intuit is releasing updated go payments

   Janina: how to explain accessibile object model

   Michael: javascript api to ARIA

   Janina: standardized access to services on OS platform

   Michael: can go directly rather than via ARIA

   Janina: interesting meeting with A11y Obj Model - APA needs to track their work
   ... working via incubator process to bring A11y Obj Model into W3C
   ... we did not meet with authentication group - couldn‚€™t find a time at TPAC
   ... we are going to try to get a joint telecon with them - them meet following this meeting at 1:00 Boston time

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   Actions check in

   perhaps assign some of Shane‚€™s to Becka11y

   Michael: will skip absent people

   review file api - Joanie - not completed

   Gottried completed action on media accessibilty (scribe uncertain of overall description)

   <gottfried> Proposed feedback: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Nov/0008.html

   action was to review ttml profiles

   <trackbot> Error finding 'was'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.

   Janina to issue CFC on the proposed feedback -

   Janina‚€™s action to review permissions is not completed

   Additional 4 actions not completed

   triage changelog of DOM 4.1 - propose transferring to Becky

   <MichaelC> close action-2140

   <trackbot> Closed action-2140.

   Michael: will close 2140
   ... review shadow DOM propose assign to becky

   Ted: can take the DOM 4.1 evaluation

   Michael: assigning shadow DOM to becky
   ... payment actions stay with janina

   2093 - ping action to review 3.2 - needs to remain active - push to March

   <MichaelC> action-2093 due 4 months

   <trackbot> Set action-2093 Re-raise svg2 for review due date to 2018-03-29.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   Janina: New publications

   <MichaelC> File API

   Michael: no new publications after TPAC, one open for File Api, assigned Joannie to review but want to ask tink for input

   Janina: Authentication - want to understand what is time critical to get opinions to WGAG

   is issue that we don‚€™t want people to copy content

   Michael: WCAG SC that can authenticate(?) without copying info to reenter - but two factor auth. requires that
   ... what if we limit the amoutn that must be remembered? Others counter that any amount of remembering may be difficult from some; also concerned of breaking security

   tink: chances of getting security industry to adopt any changes is going to be difficult; they will use security as a way to avoid implementing the needed
   accessibility

   Michael: WCAG WG trying to avoid that outcome

   Janina: our question should be how deeply does 2 factor authentication rely on getting additional information from another device/source - are there other options aka
   fingerprint reader

   Michael: sent an explicit review to security group to reivew this SC

   but have heard nothing

   Janina: other business?

   tink: got feedback during the meeting that no need for APA to review File API spec - it is too low level

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Joanie to create an Editing AAM

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: tdrake MichaelC Joanmarie_Diggs Becka11y Léonie janina gottfried
Found Scribe: becka11y

Inferring ScribeNick: Becka11y
-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 29 November 2017 18:08:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 29 November 2017 18:08:13 UTC