Re: Another way forward? (Just an idea for discussion)

Hi all,

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 13:53 +1000, David Wood wrote:
> >
> > So how do you interpret this bit?
> > [[
> > - Section 3.1: "BigRetailer receives a Web Publication from
> > EsteemedPublisher that it intends to add to its catalogue.
> > BigRetailer
> > wants to adds it own “teaser” via an alternative reading order. To
> > achieve
> > that, BigRetailer provides its own version of the publication’s
> > manifest,
> > that the user agent will use instead of the publisher’s manifest."
> >
> > Does that mean a replacement of a manifest file, or a different FRBR
> > manifest? It could be either.
>
> Well, "a manifistation" is a different word from "a manifest". There's
> no such thing as a frbr manifest. A manifest in PWP means a list of
> files. The BigRetailer adds a new entry to the list of files in the
> publication, the "teaser".

That is all true. It is also true that the word "manifest" (not
"manifestation") is used in other places in a FRBR context.

> Would the PWP spec be clearer if any references to FRBR were entirely
> removed?

No, I think that distinction is important and should remain. The language
should just be tightened to be more clear.

Regards,
Dave