Re: Another way forward? (Just an idea for discussion)

On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 11:46 +1000, David Wood wrote:

> Web Publications Use Cases and Requirements [1] uses the term
> "manifest" in
> two different ways:

It uses manifest and manifestation to mean two different things, but I
think the uses are separate. If not, please do file comments so the
document can be improved (even though we're hoping to move it to the
Working Group as a possible input).

Thanks
[...]
> It is worth noting that Web Publications for the Open Web Platform:
> Vision
> And Technical Challenges [3] says that a manifest should be
> interpreted in
> the FRBR context:
>
> - Section 1.1: "A Web Publication is not just a collection of links—
> the
> act of publishing involves obtaining resources and organizing them
> into a
> publication, which must be “manifested” (in the FRBR [frbr] sense) by
> having the resources available on a Web server."

No, to make manifest in the frbr sense is not the same as to make a
manifest, a list of files.

> So, am I late to this particular party, or is this a legitimate
> misunderstanding?

If you misunderstood then it's a genuine misunderstanding and the
document should be clarified, as others might also misunderstand it.

Thanks,

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam@w3.org>