W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > March 2017

Minutes from 22March

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:07:24 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20170322170724.GM2581@opera.rednote.net>
Minutes from the APA weekly teleconference of 22 March are provided below as
text. They're also available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2017/03/22-apa-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                        Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

22 Mar 2017

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Léonie, JF

   Regrets
   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried, janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. CfCs & Review Requests
         2. preview agenda with items from two minutes
         3. CfCs & Review Requests
         4. Community Groups Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups
         5. CfCs & Review Requests
         6. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         7. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         8. Input Events Followup http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/0013.html
         9. WebVR
        10. Confirming results of tests of accessibility aspects of specs
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <Gottfried> scribe: Gottfried

CfCs & Review Requests

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   Janina: Follow-up with spec comments. Judy will join later in the call.
   ... Will forward a comment that i got.
   ... This relates to agenda item 8.

   Gottfried: ISO/IEC 24752-8 is now under DIS vote. https://www.iso.org/standard/70272.html?browse=tc
   ... It specifies a REST interface for context services: user-context, task-context, equipment-context, environment-context. Also for matching with resources
   (match-maker).

CfCs & Review Requests

   <janina> COGA Pre-CfC Call for Review:

   <janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/0017.html

   <janina> TV Remote Control:

   <janina> Comment Sent: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/0019.html

   <janina> Decision: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/0018.html

   <janina> Payments Community Group:

   <janina> Decision: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/0016.html

   Janina: Are there any burning issues with the COGA doc? - Speak up now.
   ... Similar request from AGWG (former WCAG WG).

Community Groups Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

   Michael: If people want to accept my recommendations about where to look at...

   Janina: No objections except for music notation - put me on as an observer
   ... Emering spec supposed to supercede MusicXML. Now collecting use cases and requirements.
   ... Working title: Music Notation XML = MNX

   Michael: Let's add it to our track list.

   Janina: Comments on Michael's yesses and nos?

   John: Only half through.

   Gottfried: Didn't get to read the list.

   Community Group: Web We Can Afford, https://www.w3.org/community/wwca/

   Michael: Academic group. Environmental issues. Energy efficiency. It is about designing the web that works for the people.

   Janina: Sounds no to me.

   WebVR: separate agenda item

   Blockchain, https://www.w3.org/community/blockchain/

   Michael: We should observe this - technology could support accessibility
   ... Blockchain group and payment group related, but separate groups
   ... I feel we should track it, but i don't have the technical expertise

   Janina: We should keep it on the list. We will get use cases out of payment.

   Michael: There are meeting minutes, and a workshop report.

   Janina: We can ask WAI-IG for monitoring

   Getting Math onto Web Pages, https://www.w3.org/community/mathonwebpages/

   Janina: We care about this

   John: People with a11y expertise are already on the member list

   Michael: If this group is not on the track list, we would not report about it

   Janina: Let's wait what happens with WAI-IG. Keep it on the active track for now.

   Voice Interaction, https://www.w3.org/community/voiceinteraction/

   Janina: We should follow this. Lisa is probably interested. If it becomes its own way for voice interaction, could be an issue for the deaf and hoh community.

   Accessible Playlist, https://www.w3.org/community/playlist-a11y/

   Michael: Interesting, but seems dead.

   Janina: If it is dead, no.

   Licensed content, https://www.w3.org/community/licensed-content/

   John: We should revisit this in 6-months time. Interesting, but too early.

   Janina: Let's finish this list next week, and talk with Katie.

CfCs & Review Requests

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2120?

   <trackbot> action-2120 -- John Foliot to Review web publications use cases and requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/ -- due 2017-03-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2120

   action-2116?

   <trackbot> action-2116 -- John Foliot to Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.0.1 (imsc1) https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.0.1/ -- due
   2017-03-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2116

   action-2110?

   <trackbot> action-2110 -- Léonie Watson to Move forward from rich's start re input events http://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-apa/2016nov/0005.html due +2
   weeks -- due 2017-02-08 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2110

   <MichaelC> action-2116 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2116 Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.0.1 (imsc1) https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.0.1/ due date to 2017-03-29.

   <MichaelC> action-2120 due 1 week

   <trackbot> Set action-2120 Review web publications use cases and requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/ due date to 2017-03-29.

   action-2112?

   <trackbot> action-2112 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review push api https://w3c.github.io/push-api/ -- due 2017-03-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2112

   Janina: Propose to take this to the payments cg
   ... We don't want an open door on push
   ... What levels of interruption are acceptable?

   Michael: We need to turn this into a comment
   ... Ted Drake may move this over to Github.

   action-2038?

   <trackbot> action-2038 -- Michael Cooper to Raise [https://www.w3.org/tr/credential-management-1/ credential management level 1] for re-review -- due 2017-03-16 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2038

   <MichaelC> action-2038 due 6 months

   <trackbot> Set action-2038 Raise [https://www.w3.org/tr/credential-management-1/ credential management level 1] for re-review due date to 2017-09-22.

   Michael: not re-published
   ... Rest is either a year old, or reponsible person is not here.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> W3C DOM 4.1

   Michael: Probably killing unused features, not adding features.

   Janina: Shane had looked at this in the past.
   ... Can we ask him for review?

   John: Leonie is probably involved.

   Michael: In the change log there is something about mutation events.

   Janina: Enough reason to look at it.

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Shane to triage changelog of DOM 4.1 https://www.w3.org/TR/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2017/03/22-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2123 - Triage changelog of dom 4.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation [on Shane McCarron -
   due 2017-03-29].

   <MichaelC> action-2123: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/W3C_DOM_4.1

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2123 Triage changelog of dom 4.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation.

   <MichaelC> action-2123 due 1 month

   <trackbot> Set action-2123 Triage changelog of dom 4.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation due date to 2017-04-22.

   <MichaelC> action-2123 due 4 weeks

   <trackbot> Set action-2123 Triage changelog of dom 4.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation due date to 2017-04-19.

   <MichaelC> action-2123?

   <trackbot> action-2123 -- Shane McCarron to Triage changelog of dom 4.1 https://www.w3.org/tr/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation -- due
   2017-04-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2123

   Michael: Other specs are about input events.
   ... Don't know what level-1 and level-2 are and how they differ.

   Janina: I will respond to Johannes, asking for an explanation of level-1 vs. level-2.

   <MichaelC> Input Events Level 1

   <MichaelC> Input Events Level 2

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Janina to follow up with Johannes Wilm on Input Events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on Input Events non-leveled [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2017/03/22-apa-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2124 - Follow up with johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input events non-leveled [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-03-29].

   <MichaelC> action-2124: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Input_Events_Level_1 and https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Input_Events_Level_2

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2124 Follow up with johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input events non-leveled.

   <MichaelC> action-2124?

   <trackbot> action-2124 -- Janina Sajka to Follow up with johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input events non-leveled -- due 2017-03-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2124

   Janina: Propose to put this off - since Leonie is not here.
   ... Joanie, can you look at the comments?

   Joanie: Okay

Input Events Followup http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Mar/0013.html

WebVR

   <MichaelC> WebVR Community Group

   <MichaelC> WebVR Explainer

   <MichaelC> WebVR proposed specification

   Michael: Dominic has brought this to my attention just this morning.

   <MichaelC> WebVR workshop report

   Michael: Draft spec on WebVR Explainer (second link).
   ... A11y overlap. Review from APA requested, as transitioning from CG to TR track.
   ... Looking for people who could help in this.
   ... Also for interfacing between APA and the new group on WebVR.
   ... Would like to schedule call for a couple of week ahead.

   John: I am interested in getting involved in WebVR.

   Janina: We should put your name up on the cg.

   Judy: I had met with Charles LaPierre - would like to talk with you about this

   John: Interest related to video.

   Michael: Let's have the call first, and then figure out details.

   John: Just volunteering for this.

   Michael: Will aim for a joint call in a couple of weeks.

   Janina: Two calls pending: Personalization, and WebVR. WebVR should probably go first.
   ... RQTF should know how they should be involved in personalization.

Confirming results of tests of accessibility aspects of specs

   <Zakim> JF, you wanted to say I'd be interested in getting involved here

   Judy: This relates to the EME spec.

   <janina> /me We try to end on the hour

   Judy: Encrypted Media Extension (EME)
   ... This group has looked at it several times - brought up some specific questions.
   ... Accessibility issues include that this could block a11y.
   ... Testing shows that one can still access the captions, audio descriptions, etc.
   ... But this is not clearly described in public.
   ... RQTF has taken up two use cases from this spec.
   ... Philippe has done additional testing.

   <Judy> https://www.w3.org/2017/03/eme-accessibility.html

   Judy: APA should be aware of what Philippe and i have written up.
   ... We want to have one good representation that is well findable and understandable.
   ... I want to add auto-generation of captions.
   ... Does anybody have specific comments on this?
   ... No formal review, but informal feedback is appreciated.

   Janina: Would like to look at the write-up.

   <JF> +1

   Janina: Could we track this under MAUR reviews?

   <Zakim> janina, you wanted to ask whether we should track as MAUR.Next issues?

   Judy: Often, we discover topics that could go into future specs.
   ... RQTF has taken up this

   Janina: Also use cases from web payments - when to allow or disallow notifications

   John: Talked about daltonization before. It is one technique to address the problem, among others.
   ... Would be interested to remain involved in this.

   Judy: Do you want RQTF for this topic?

   John: Yes, if that's the best way.

   Judy: The primary team contact for RQTF is Michael. Let him know.
   ... Take an informal look at our write-up, and send us your comments.

   Philippe: This is a web platform topic.
   ... Judy and i focused on daltonization and flash mitigation.
   ... I cannot generate the content for tests - not possible to change colors in today's video players.
   ... Need to keep captions track separate from the video.
   ... Tests implemented

   Judy: Philippe's tests work - i have seen them.
   ... Captions would be encrypted and then decrypted.
   ... Maybe we can cover more use cases.

   <Zakim> JF, you wanted to ask if we've solicited any technical help from folks from the EME group?

   <janina> scribe: janina

   PLH: Had trouble even getting an encrypted caption track
   ... The tools make that hard to do

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Janina to follow up with Johannes Wilm on Input Events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on Input Events non-leveled [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2017/03/22-apa-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shane to triage changelog of DOM 4.1 https://www.w3.org/TR/dom41/#historical-changes-fpwd-dom4 - note stuff on mutation [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2017/03/22-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scribes: Gottfried, janina
Found Date: 22 Mar 2017
People with action items: janina shane


-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 22 March 2017 17:07:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 22 March 2017 17:07:53 UTC