W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > January 2017

APA Payments Minutes from 26 January

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:22:02 -0500
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20170126172202.GC2453@opera.rednote.net>
Minutes from the APA Payments Subteam teleconference of 26 January are
provided below as (edited) text. They're also available as hypertext at:

http://www.w3.org/2017/01/26-apa-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                        Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

26 Jan 2017

Attendees

   Present
          tdrake, Janina, ShaneM

   Regrets
   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          ShaneM

Contents

     * Topics
         1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. New Spec Review Requests
         3. PAUR , and Team Update
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

preview agenda with items from two minutes

New Spec Review Requests

   <janina_> Resource: Three Updated Review Requests

   <janina_> * Payment Request API (PR API) https://w3c.github.io/browser-payment-api/

   <janina_> PR API issues list: https://github.com/w3c/browser-payment-api/issues

   <janina_> * Payment Method Identifiers (PMI) http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-method-identifiers/

   <janina_> PMI issues list: https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-method-identifiers/issues

   <janina_> * Basic Card Payment https://w3c.github.io/webpayments-methods-card/

   <janina_> Basic Card issues list: https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-methods-card/issues

   ShaneM: We have given them feedback on the Payment Request API.

   <scribe> ACTION: ShaneM check on the status of our previous comments. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/26-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2111 - Check on the status of our previous comments. [on Shane McCarron - due 2017-02-02].

PAUR , and Team Update

   No work done on this recently.

   We need to find some resources to put into this.

   Michael is suggesting formalizing the work as a task force.

   <janina_> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/payments-a11y/work-statement

   janina_: on the good side it gives us more tools to use to do the work. On the bad side it puts down in writing our accountability. And we would need to actually
   achieve something.

   ShaneM: I think we should be a formal task force and we should achieve things.

   Ted: I would agree. This is going to fundamentally change the way we do online banking etc. Having a task force early will help ensure it works for the next 20 years.

   Can we do the task force with the interest group instead the working group?

   janina_: I will ask Michael.

   ShaneM: IG is looking at digital offers and verifiable claims. A11Y for those are critical.
   ... Verifiable Claims has gone through AC vote for WG, but the WPIG will be a more powerful place to inform the overall ecosystem.

   Next meeting: Two weeks from now.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: ShaneM check on the status of our previous comments. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/26-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Thursday, 26 January 2017 17:22:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 26 January 2017 17:22:29 UTC