W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > January 2017

Meeting Minutes: 01/11/17

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:05:25 -0600
Message-ID: <CAKdCpxyg9zM7QoxUQz7BjbkAH_Y+xz2_mfJiVwi6bHqAsOfqkQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Minutes can be found at: http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-apa-minutes.html

or as text below:

Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

11 Jan 2017

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

PresentJanina, Joanmarie_Diggs, tdrake, Léonie, John, Northup, MichaelC,
JFRegretsMichiel, GottfriedChairJaninaScribeLéonie, JF, janina

Contents

Topics

preview agenda with items from two minutes
Activating the CSS Accessibility Task Force
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/
APA's Accessibility Checklist
Input Events
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html
MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc.
Updating DOM--Any RFEs?
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html
Other Business

Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions

________________________________

<scribe> scribenick: tink

<scribe> scribe: Léonie

<scribe> scribeNick: tink

preview agenda with items from two minutes

JS: Additions?

Activating the CSS Accessibility Task Force

JS: We now have co-chairs for the TF. Rossen and Ted.
... Anticipate the TF will ramp up quickly.

<MichaelC> CSS A11Y TF

JN: Is this an informal TF?
... It's formal with a statement of work.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

action-2107?

<trackbot> action-2107 -- Janina Sajka to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web cryptography api -- due 2017-01-11
-- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2107

JS: Needs another week

<MichaelC> action-2107 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2107 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webcryptoapi/ web
cryptography api due date to 2017-01-18.

action-2106?

<trackbot> action-2106 -- Janina Sajka to Take basic card payment to paur
team -- due 2017-01-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2106

<MichaelC> close action-2106

<trackbot> Closed action-2106.

JS: Done, can be closed.

acttion-2094?

action-2094?

<trackbot> action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api
specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due 2017-01-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

JS: Need longer

action-2070?

<trackbot> action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread with
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on
needing reply to their response to us -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

JS: Need to reassign.
... Ted could you take this?

TD: Sure.

MC: Recommend looking at Lisa's previous comments (linked in the action).

TD: Is there urgency?

MC: They're in CR, but not sure for how long.

JS: Suggest finding out how long CR is anticipated to last.

<MichaelC> CSS current work

MC: Try their current work page.

<MichaelC> action-2070 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2070 Pick up the thread with
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css counter styles level 3 on
needing reply to their response to us due date to 2017-01-25.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: Three payments specs.

JS: Taking them all to the payments team.
... Think we may need to formalise as a TF.

MC: Input Events
... TTML2

<MichaelC> Timed Text Markup Language 2 (TTML2)

MC: Planning to hit CR this month.
... Action on JF to review this.

action-2248?

<trackbot> Sorry, but action-2248 does not exist.

action-2048?

<trackbot> action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/
timed text markup language 2 (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048

JS: We need to get this done this month.

MC: Initial review suggested no points for concern. Can we close this?

JF: I think so, yes.
... The people involved have good accessibility knowledge, and would not
knowingly allow gaps to exist.

<MichaelC> close action-2048

<trackbot> Closed action-2048.

<MichaelC> QB4ST: RDF Data Cube extensions for spatio-temporal components

MC: QB4ST:RDF Data cube extensions for spacio-temporal components

JF: Appears to be metadata.

MC: It's also a Note.

JS: No need to review.

<MichaelC> Publishing and Using Earth Observation Data with the RDF Data
Cube and the Discrete Global Grid System

JS: Pass.

LW: Just checking on any outstanding WebPlat requests?

MC: Think we're done on those.

LW: Yes, thanks.

Action-2104 ARIA in HTML -- Michiel Bijl http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/

APA's Accessibility Checklist

<MichaelC> [DRAFT] Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines Checklist

MC: The architecture group wants to have self-review checklists for all
horizontal reviews.
... Needs to be ready to be presented to the members in April.
... The checklist is categorised, so you can easily identify the things
that apply to your spec, then drill down to find the checks for that
category.
... There are several dozen checks.
... Feel the wording is not right for use by non-accessibility specialists.
... Keep in mind this is limited to the things technologies provide.

JS: Also, is anything missing?

JF: In the second section on rendering of content there is a typo (ine
instead of line)
... Check colour contrast on links/visited links.
... Suggest pointing to the MAUR.

Can someone scribe have to drop.

<JF> Scripe: JF

<JF> scribe: JF

JS: We need to review how to incorporate the MAUR into this checklist
... We need to start working on this. Michael has started a thread on this
already

There may be a desire to sync a common look and feel to equivalent
documents emerging from Privacy and Security groups at W3C

Input Events
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html

JS: Rich has provided some comments. Rich is no longer a member of the APA,
but remains available for questions and comments
... Perhaps Shane should be on this - note that all DOM specs are bing
updated within the year

MC: Looking at Rich's comments - appears one editorial comment, and 2 that
may be substantitve

JS: We need to find somebody who can take this up - perhaps Shane?

JD: might be able to look at this
... I know James Craig is a good candidate, but he is very busy...

[discussion of possible candidates to take this up]

MC: there is some confusion around status

JS: lets ask leonie to follow up on this - get a sense of timing as we look
at this more closely

we hope to work with their timeline - need to ask if there is a
relationship with the updated DOM activity

MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc.

JS: have been waiting for JF to return to APA calls...
... this has been a successful and well-referenced document
... there is continued activity at W3C around implementing media into HTML5
- work around APIs
... However not everyone is still aware of this, and we need to ask if the
MAUR is "finished"?
... we also have occasional internal questions here ourselves
... 2 weeks from today, Ralph Swick will join our call to discuss gaps and
next steps around MAUR.

perhaps at next TPAC we do a joint presentation to all groups working on
media activities at the W3C

<janina> scribe: janina

jf: Will hold 25th for the call with Ralph
... Not sure what update around U.S. legal reqs

<JF> I can make time over the next 2 weeks to prep for the Ralph S. call

Updating DOM--Any RFEs?
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2017JanMar/0000.html

<JF> JS: major update to all DOM documents within the year - if we have
comments, requests, etc. we need to speak up now

Other Business

<JF> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist
Deque Systems Inc.
john.foliot@deque.com

Advancing the mission of digital accessibility and inclusion
Received on Wednesday, 11 January 2017 18:06:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 11 January 2017 18:06:03 UTC