Re: Draft #1 of TV Remote Control API Comments

Hi, Jason:

White, Jason J writes:

> [...]
Yes, thank you. It goes along with the view I've been promoting that
favors APIs for just this reason.

> 2. Has the provision of captions and auditory descriptions been the subject of regulatory interest in the E.U. or elsewhere? I suspect the U.S. may have a lead in this area in so far as it has enacted explicit legislative requirements, which you rightly cite. I nonetheless wonder whether there are corresponding moves elsewhere that should be noted also. I'm not requesting research on the point, but if anyone in APA is aware of other relevant regulatory  activities, references would be helpful.

I'm unaware of any such outside the U.S., but I'm also hoping this
thread will expose any such should they exist, or be in legislative
development somewhere.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200