Re: publishing updates to the gap analysis/ road map and user research module

I don't think we should attempt to get any consensus like that from the
WGs until after the holidays at this point, and I did warn that the
chairs might not be able to put it on the agenda before the holidays
when we discussed this a couple weeks ago. Now too many people are away
already and a standing publication consent, which is a big decision,
shouldn't be snuck through in that situation.

Even if you convince the chairs and manage to obtain it, I do not
support publishing before January when there can be sufficient review of
the proposed draft. I encourage Lisa and Roy to work over the next
couple weeks on preparing a draft that is ready for review, but Roy
please do not publish it until after the task force (and I) can take a
look in January.

While I suggested obtaining a standing consent to publish, I meant that
to remove some bureaucracy, not to remove the task force from the
process. A draft published over the holiday would only have editor
input, not sufficient task force and WG input, and that is not
sufficient review for publication even with a standing consent on the
record.

Michael