W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > August 2017

APA minutes 2017-08-23

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:46:06 +0200
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <027201d31c2f$50d73c80$f285b580$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2017/08/23-apa-minutes.html 
Text format: See below my signature.

Best regards,
Gottfried 
___________________________________________________

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
Mobile User Interaction
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

23 Aug 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/23-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          janina, Gottfried, IanPouncey, MichaelC

   Regrets
          leonie

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          Gottfried

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [5]TPAC 2017
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017
         3. [6]CSS Task Force -- Ian
         4. [7]Push API Next Steps
         5. [8]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. [9]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         7. [10]Proposal re review attributions -- Michael
         8. [11]Other Business
         9. [12]Finding APA activity on spec reviews
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

preview agenda with items from two minutes

TPAC 2017 [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

   Gottfried: Liaison with JTC1 SC35 needs to be followed up. Will
   send a message to Judy and Shadi.

CSS Task Force -- Ian

   Ian: Contacted a few people for the task force.
   ... Will look at my action items by tomorrow.
   ... I cannot assign tickets to people not on the tf.

   Michael: They should join the tf. Otherwise add them to the
   repo.

Push API Next Steps

   Janina: See my message from the last hour.

   <janina>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Aug/0017
   .html

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Aug/0017.html

   Janina: We should turn this around quickly. Is this sufficient?
   ... If people agree with this language, we can run a quick CFC
   this week.

   Michael: Will provide enhanced wording.

   Janina: No problem with that.

   <janina>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Aug/0018
   .html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Aug/0018.html

   Janina: PUSH API said that we should provide a fix for the
   Notification spec.
   ... This email proposes that some use cases are unaddressed,
   and we need a new section 2.12 Defer and Queue.
   ... I suppose someone should write code for the use case "Do
   Not Disturb".
   ... Who could do that?
   ... At least we would have filed an issue on this.

   Michael: Shane is typically the guy for this.

   Janina: I will ask him.

   Michael: Would need to read the Notification spec.

   Janina: Fortunately, it is not a long spec.

   <MichaelC> Accessibility Considerations

   <MichaelC> Push API features introduce a number of needs for a
   "Do Not Disturb" functionality in various web applications,
   whether accessed via mobile device or desktop browser. This
   functionality should be addressed by the Web Notifications
   specificaton. Web Notifications currently does not provide this
   feature but an issue has been filed requesting the feature:

   <MichaelC> [URI of issue]

   <MichaelC> Meanwhile, until the use cases described in this
   issue are appropriately addressed, implementors of this
   specification should be aware that accessibility problems might
   be triggered by implementations of this specification and
   attempt to minimize their impact.

   Michael: Header should go into "Privacy, security and
   accessibility considerations" (standard section)

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[18]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2124?

   <trackbot> action-2124 -- Janina Sajka to Follow up with
   johannes wilm on input events 1 and 2 wrt our comments on input
   events non-leveled -- due 2017-05-17 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2124

     [19] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2124

   Gottfried: Need another week

   action-2139?

   <trackbot> action-2139 -- Janina Sajka to File issue with input
   events about at getting message properly -- due 2017-08-16 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2139

     [20] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2139

   Michael: This action was to file an issue.

   Janina: I thought the next step was to have a conversation with
   him. Let's keep this open.

   <MichaelC> action-2139:
   [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Aug/001
   9.html

     [21] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Aug/0019.html

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2139 File issue with input
   events about at getting message properly.

   action-2135?

   <trackbot> action-2135 -- Janina Sajka to Review cloud browser
   use cases
   [22]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/main_page/cloud_browser_
   tf/usecases -- due 2017-07-21 -- OPEN

     [22]
https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/main_page/cloud_browser_tf/usecases

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2135

     [23] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2135

   action-2133?

   <trackbot> action-2133 -- Janina Sajka to Manage review of
   payment handler api [24]https://www.w3.org/tr/payment-handler/
   -- due 2017-06-28 -- OPEN

     [24] https://www.w3.org/tr/payment-handler/

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2133

     [25] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2133

   action-2131?

   <trackbot> action-2131 -- Michael Cooper to Ask webappsec if
   csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y
   scripts that users explicitly request (not xss) -- due
   2017-05-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

new on TR [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> [28]CSS Text Module Level 3

     [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-3/

   "This CSS3 module defines properties for text manipulation and
   specifies their processing model. It covers line breaking,
   justification and alignment, white space handling, and text
   transformation."

   Janina: Ian, does this need review?

   Michael: May be related to low vision. Could allow to do stupid
   things.

   Ian: Stupid things you shouldn't do should be covered by parts
   of WCAG 2.1.

   Michael: Some things didn't make it to WCAG 2.1, for some
   reasons.

   Ian: This is probably fine.
   ... Most of this can be done already.

Proposal re review attributions -- Michael

   Michael: No need to review.

   Janina: Michael had an idea to credit reviewers of specs.
   ... Would it be good to have reviewers listed?

   Michael: How can we increase the pool of reviewers?
   ... W3C has an acknowledgment section. We could list reviewers
   here.
   ... For APA, either Janina or I send the comments. Then we are
   seen as the commenters.
   ... Would it be helpful to provide a clear attribution, and to
   encourage the receiving wg to list the reviewers in the ack
   section.

   Ian: Yes, makes sense. Credit and trail of people involved.

   Gottfried: Good to justify my time as professor in standards
   committees.

   Michael: We should put a footnote in our comments. I will think
   about this.

Other Business

   Ian: I have a question to Léonie. Janina sent an email about
   input events, back in June.

   Janina: Question came from Johannes Wilm.
   ... We asked him to join a telecon, as a response to the series
   of questions.

   Ian: That answers my question.

Finding APA activity on spec reviews

   <MichaelC> [29]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Main_Page

     [29] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Main_Page

   <MichaelC> [30]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Spec_Review

     [30] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Spec_Review

   Michael: The APA Wiki page has a link to "Specification
   review".

   <MichaelC>
   [31]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

     [31] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

   Michael: Has instructions on how to do spec review.
   ... You can search on this page for "input events".

   <MichaelC>
   [32]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Input_Events_Level_2

     [32] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Input_Events_Level_2

   Michael: You should quickly find all the background and
   comments that we produced in the past to a specific spec.

   Janina: I am trying to put relevant links into the APA agenda
   each time as "APA resources".
   ... We will meet next week.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/08/23 16:45:22 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at [35]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/on the tf/not on the tf/
Succeeded: s/"Defer and Queue"/"Do Not Disturb"/
Default Present: janina, Gottfried, IanPouncey
Present: janina Gottfried IanPouncey MichaelC
Regrets: leonie
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 23 Aug 2017
Guessing minutes URL: [36]http://www.w3.org/2017/08/23-apa-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/23-apa-minutes.html


   [End of [37]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 23 August 2017 16:46:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 23 August 2017 16:46:33 UTC