W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > August 2017

Meeting notes for August 16, 2017

From: Drake, Ted <Ted_Drake@intuit.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 16:59:29 +0000
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6A6542FC-55FA-4152-92F5-1F1404351784@intuit.com>
URL: https://www.w3.org/2017/08/16-apa-minutes.html


Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

16 Aug 2017

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
MichaelC, chaals, Léonie, Joanmarie_Diggs, tdrake, IanPouncey, Gottfried, (tink)
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
janina
Contents

Topics
preview agenda with items from two minutes
TPAC 2017 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017 
CSS Task Force -- Ian
Push API Next Steps
CSS Task Force -- Ian
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html 
next and future meetings
Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
preview agenda with items from two minutes

<tdrake> janina: Ian has asked for time to discuss CSS task force updates.
<tdrake> Johannes needs time for discussing input events.
<tdrake> There's also an information gathering task for this.
TPAC 2017 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017 

<tdrake> no news items to be discussed.
<tdrake> nothing new for TPAC. This will become an active topic as meetings are planned.
CSS Task Force -- Ian

Push API Next Steps

<tdrake> Ian is having connection issues, agenda will be rearranged
<tdrake> There's an item for a new section for the push API specification.
<tdrake> it could be called defer queue section 212
<tdrake> mobile platforms are doing quite a bit along these lines already. It's not a new feature, it's a standards approach regardless of the platform.
<tdrake> do not disturb is the key.
<tdrake> it's on Android and should be on ios.
<tdrake> heuristically provided services that respect a user's desire to not be disturbed
<tdrake> There were C comments on the EO draft. There are others discussing this issue outside the APA.
<tdrake> I'd like to move forward.
<tdrake> leonie: The suggestion from TPG is that it would be good to look more broadly about accessibility across the W3C specifications
<tdrake> It would be good to have education and outreach
<tdrake> we are keen to move the push API spec forward. It might be a challenge to add a new feature at this point.
<tdrake> the most likely way to succeed in moving forward is to add a comment/note
<tdrake> if that is how APA feels it would be a good way to move forward, this group could suggest potential text and I can work with editors to move forward.
<tdrake> janina: i wouldn't be in favor of holding up work, but getting the comments incorporated.
<tdrake> there are broader use cases where this would be a good way to move forward.
<tdrake> tink: we can make the accessibility use case effectively. There are also non-accessibility use cases.
<tdrake> janina: Yes, when I laid out the use case, it was agreed that it is true for all users.
<tdrake> Sometimes you are moving through experiences and you don't want to be disturbed, such as at a funeral.
CSS Task Force -- Ian

<tdrake> ian: michael, could you add me as an Admin for the W3C CSS GitHub and tools? I couldn't assign tickets last night.
<tdrake> I have gone through spec reviews and open issues and identified which should be prioritized.
<tdrake> in order of priority
<IanPouncey> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/8 
<tdrake> CSS Containment Module Level 1
<tdrake> This was assigned to me. I have done analysis and it needs to be completed. I expect next week. It's now a candidate recommendation until November 8.
<IanPouncey> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/6 
<tdrake> CSS counter styles level 3. We had given feedback in 2013. there was a response from working group in 2014.
<tdrake> michael, could you help track down this comment?
<tdrake> MichaelC: I can help you track this down.
<tdrake> Ian: finding the comment and response will help us move forward.
<IanPouncey> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/18 
<tdrake> CSS Scroll Snap Module level 1
<tdrake> This went to CR in February this year. It needs to be reviewed as soon as possible. We need volunteers for reviewing this.
<tdrake> janina: the concerns I have is that it could exacerbate someone using magnification, especially at a high level of magnification.
<tdrake> Could the scroll snapping help or hinder a magnification user?
<tdrake> ian: this is a question we should ask our reviewer.
<IanPouncey> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/11 
<tdrake> CSS Grid Layout Module Level 1
<tdrake> went to CR in May, 2017. Volunteers, suggestions welcome
<IanPouncey> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/16 
<tdrake> Media Queries Level 4
<tdrake> Patrick Lauke has already commented on the issue. He has agreed to be the reviewer for this issue.
<tdrake> we have two of the short listed issues assigned.
<tdrake> Hopefully by next week I will have people assigned for the outstanding issues.
<scribe> scribe: janina
td: Notes James Craig filed an issue on Media Queries we should look at.

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/2? 
<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to say Ian now has maintainer access to https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/css-a11y/members , and to ask if request from Bogdan to join team should be accepted
<tdrake> MichaelC: Ian, I have added you as a maintainer.
<tdrake> This gives commit access to the repository.
<tdrake> I will also accept Bogdin
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8 

<tdrake> michaelC: review overview json format
<tdrake> no apparent issues for APA was the conclusion.
<tdrake> janina: it was another way to handle 3-dimensional data.
<tdrake> I can't say if the design is great, but it doesn't seem to have any issues.
<MichaelC> close action-2130
<trackbot> Closed action-2130.
<tdrake> MichaelC: I will record no issues and close the action.
<tdrake> that was the only pending review.
<MichaelC> close action-2124
<trackbot> Closed action-2124.
<tdrake> MichaelC and Janina quickly review tasks assigned to Janina.
<tdrake> comments on payments?
<tdrake> janina: there was discussion, but no progress.
<tdrake> MichaelC: should we close review of mutation on the DOM by Shane.
<tdrake> janina: give me an action to ping Shane and see if this is appropriate.
<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to ping Shane re action-2123 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/16-apa-minutes.html#action01 ]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2140 - Ping shane re action-2123 [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-08-23].
<tdrake> Review TTML profiles by John, this can be closed.
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html


<MichaelC> close action-2116
<trackbot> Closed action-2116.
<tdrake> michaelC: web authentication and api for accessing key credentials
<MichaelC> Web Authentication: An API for accessing Public Key Credentials Level 1
<tdrake> there are other specs we've looked at. They changed the title and this came up as a new draft.
<tdrake> janina: we didn't see a problem with the spec, but had concerns about implementation
<tdrake> michaelC: no need to review was previous statement.
<MichaelC> Credential Management Level 1
<tdrake> Credential management level 1 is not new, but I put it as not-checked because we wanted to come back to it. They are moving on it.
<tdrake> watch for use of images to represent type of credentials.
<tdrake> cognitive task force needs to give input
<tdrake> I'm going to take off ping category and put into active review
<MichaelC> Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations
<tdrake> Should we assign Leonie and Gottfried.
<MichaelC> ACTION: watson to review Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations https://www.w3.org/TR/verifiable-claims-data-model/  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/16-apa-minutes.html#action02 ]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2141 - Review verifiable claims data model and representations https://www.w3.org/tr/verifiable-claims-data-model/  [on Léonie Watson - due 2017-08-23].
<MichaelC> ACTION: gottfried to review Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations https://www.w3.org/TR/verifiable-claims-data-model/  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/16-apa-minutes.html#action03 ]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2142 - Review verifiable claims data model and representations https://www.w3.org/tr/verifiable-claims-data-model/   [on Gottfried Zimmermann - due 2017-08-23].
<tdrake> Leonie and Gottfried agree to review this specification
next and future meetings

<MichaelC> action-2141: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Verifiable_Claims_Data_Model_and_Representations 
Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: gottfried to review Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations https://www.w3.org/TR/verifiable-claims-data-model/  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/16-apa-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: janina to ping Shane re action-2123 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/16-apa-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: watson to review Verifiable Claims Data Model and Representations https://www.w3.org/TR/verifiable-claims-data-model/  [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/16-apa-minutes.html#action02]

    
    

Received on Wednesday, 16 August 2017 16:59:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 16 August 2017 16:59:58 UTC