W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > August 2017

Minutes for 2 August

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 14:00:35 -0400
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20170802180035.GC3072@rednote.net>

Brief notes, not full minutes, from the APA teleconference of 2 August are
provided below as text. They're also available at:

http://www.w3.org/2017/08/02-apa-minutes.html

   W3C

                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                        Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

02 Aug 2017

   See also: IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, IanPouncey, tdrake, MichaelC

   Regrets
          MichielBijl

   Chair
          Janina

   Scribe
          janina

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Task Force Checkins
         2. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         3. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         4. next and future meetings
         5. Other Business
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: janina

   We have agreement to do a next steps CSS Task Force telecon Friday at Noon.

Task Force Checkins

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   <MichaelC> close action-2136

   <trackbot> Closed action-2136.

   <MichaelC> close action-2129

   <trackbot> Closed action-2129.

   <MichaelC> close action-2128

   <trackbot> Closed action-2128.

   <scribe> New stuff in the DOM 4.1 on mutation was our reason to ask for review.

   Janina to Check with Shane

   action-2116?

   <trackbot> action-2116 -- John Foliot to Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.0.1 (imsc1) https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1.0.1/ -- due
   2017-05-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2116

   <MichaelC> close action-2095

   <trackbot> Closed action-2095.

   action-2052?

   <trackbot> action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due 2017-02-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   <MichaelC> Server Timing

   <MichaelC> SHACL Abstract Syntax -- Note on Status of Obsolete Proposal

   <MichaelC> Using the ITU BT.2100 PQ EOTF with the PNG Format

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1/ WebVTT: The Web Video Text Tracks Format - due 6 weeks [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2017/08/02-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2138 - Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webvtt1/ webvtt: the web video text tracks format [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-09-13].

   <MichaelC> action-2138?

   <trackbot> action-2138 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webvtt1/ webvtt: the web video text tracks format -- due 2017-09-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2138

   <MichaelC> action-2138: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebVTT:_The_Web_Video_Text_Tracks_Format

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2138 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webvtt1/ webvtt: the web video text tracks format.

next and future meetings

Other Business

   Push and Notifications conversation ...

   Janina will post to APA and to Web Platforms our concerns over taking on potential political entanglements with a non-W3C group without Web Platforms assistance.

   We want to be part of the solution, and not a new source of problem.

   On the other hand, we believe our use cases require feature support, so need to be acknowledged formally in W3C specifications, if not actually specified in W3C
   specifications.

   We're not calling this support for "Do Not Disturb."

   Both under user on/off controll, and by control from an app using the appropriate API

   We believe Payments will consider this important in general for Payments scenarios, so not just an a11y issue

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1/ WebVTT: The Web Video Text Tracks Format - due 6 weeks [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2017/08/02-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs IanPouncey tdrake MichaelC
Regrets: MichielBijl
Found Scribe: janina
People with action items: janina

-- 

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Wednesday, 2 August 2017 18:00:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 2 August 2017 18:00:59 UTC