W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > September 2016

Minutes: APA teleconference 9/14/16

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:04:57 -0500
Message-ID: <CAKdCpxy+L2yNz41KPEmWRMjWhPC+uc1ptpM_c4bJkDV00oH7nA@mail.gmail.com>
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Colleagues,

Minutes from today's meeting can be found at:

or in plain text below:

Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

14 Sep 2016

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, JF, Rich_Schwerdtfeger,
Katie_Haritos-Shea, ShaneM
Regrets
Leonie, Gottfried, Cynthia
Chair
Janina
Scribe
JF
Contents

Topics
preview agenda with items from two minutes
TPAC Planning https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2016
preview agenda with items from two minutes
next and future meetings
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
<janina> agenda
preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: JF
JS: Any additions to the agenda?

JF: what about the discussion around EME?

JS: spoke to Judy, waiting on more feedback
... perhaps I need to chat with PLH

TPAC Planning https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2016

JS: agenda filling up, but still have some open times
... suspect those times will be taken up by joint meetings - still awaiting
confirmations from other WGs

includes Web Of Things

as well as web authentication

we've asked for meetings with both groups

re: web auth - asked for at minimum a representative

JS: we have other potential topics to fill up those times if nothing else,
such as the CSS kickoff for the TF Tuesday, etc.

RS: there may be issues with the taxis and Uber in Lisbon - they are
fighting with each other at this time, so head's up
... if you *do* get a taxi, esnure the meter is actually working

otherwise you may get soaked

also, watch out for the routes... they may take a longer than usual route

JS: Getting Uber to pickup at the airport can also be tricky
... the fare between airport and the confeence center should be in the
range of 15-25 euros

MC: There is also public transit - I believe there is train between airport
and hotel areas

preview agenda with items from two minutes

next and future meetings

JS: propose the week after TPAC we skip meeting

will likely need the time

so next APA call will be October 5th

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

MC: action-2080
... still not clear on this...

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/2015/08/extended-description-analysis
MC: there are still some gaps, if anyone has anything to add to this please
forward to Michael ASAP

we need/want for Monday after lunch at TPAC

{{discussion}}

JS: we believe this matix is as complete as we can determine at this time -
will point others to this
... additional comments should be sent to public-apa, with a cc to M.Cooper

<MichaelC> close action-2084
<trackbot> Closed action-2084.
<MichaelC> reopen action-2084
<trackbot> Re-opened action-2084.
<MichaelC> close action-2089
<trackbot> Closed action-2089.
ACTION-2084

<trackbot> ACTION-2084 -- Ted Drake to Work with janina to draft an a11y
considerations section for the vibration api -- due 2016-09-14 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2084
JS: Ted has provided a good draft to the APA list

<MichaelC> action-2084:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Sep/0017.html
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2084 Work with janina to draft an a11y
considerations section for the vibration api.
This looks good, and if we are happy we can start a CfC as early as today

TD: took documentation for security and privacy, and used that as a template

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Sep/0017.html
<MichaelC> close action-2084
<trackbot> Closed action-2084.
MC: we have a tight deadline

<MichaelC> need an AC person to request the addition in the vote at
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/vibration-per/
MC: we should ensure a placeholder is in place noting that the APA has an
open CfC related to this
... Point to the message sent by Ted, and/or Janina's CfC when it is posted.

JS: will release the CfC today - at some point before leaving for Lisbon AC
reps on this call will be likely voting and if they point to the CfC we
will get it on record

one or more AC reps can comment here

MC"Since you are adding security and privacy, please include accessibility
as well"

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Sep/0017.html
ACTION-2081

<trackbot> ACTION-2081 -- Michael Cooper to See if web app manifest
comments are dealt with https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/web_app_manifest --
due 2016-08-17 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2081
ACTION-2069

<trackbot> ACTION-2069 -- Michael Cooper to Follow up on
http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/ media source extensions -- due
2016-08-04 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2069
ACTION-2063

<trackbot> ACTION-2063 -- Janina Sajka to Review internationalization best
practices for spec developers https://www.w3.org/tr/international-specs/ --
due 2016-09-03 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2063
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Accelerometer Sensor
MC: going semi-alphabetically

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/ambient-light/
<MichaelC> Ambient Light Sensor
<MichaelC> Content Security Policy Pinning
<MichaelC> Content Security Policy: Cookie Controls
wiki shows an action on KHS to review this, but is shown closed now

JS: and now being obsoleted
... could be there were no concerns

KHS: right

<MichaelC> Entry Point Regulation
JS: anything obsoleted is obsoleted

<MichaelC> Ethiopic Layout Requirements
MC: interesting intersections here (potentially) but unclear on how to
provide input

SM: perhaps Zviya? She is up on this, and is a friend of APA

JS: defer for now

<MichaelC> Generic Sensor API
JS: needs response

<MichaelC> Graphics Accessibility API Mappings
<MichaelC> Accessibility API Mappings
<MichaelC> SVG Accessibility API Mappings
<MichaelC> WAI-ARIA Graphics Module
<MichaelC> Gyroscope Sensor
<MichaelC> Magnetometer Sensor
SM: we ccan support things, and also provide use-cases when possible.
Mention positive aspects

MC: don't see any use-cases at this time, but suspect they should exist

JS: plenty of opportunity to have a go at this

JF: might this not be something we could ask the research TF to do (write
use-cases)

JS: ask at TPAC Monday...

MC: captured this in the wiki for further follow-up

<MichaelC> Portable Web Publications Use Cases and Requirements
MC: suspect we really need to look at this
... recall reading something from a year ago and had concerns, but not sure
if this is same thing

JS: give this to me as an action due Oct. 26th

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Portable Web Publications Use Cases and
Requirements https://www.w3.org/TR/pwp-ucr/ - due 26 Oct [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-apa-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2090 - Review portable web publications use cases
and requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/ [on Janina Sajka - due
2016-10-26].
<MichaelC> Web Animations
JS: think we've looked at this previously

MC: not sure if we commented before, but susp[ect we should request an
accessibility section

JS: agreed, is there a deadline?

MC: heartbeat draft at this time

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Web Animations
https://www.w3.org/TR/web-animations-1/ - due 26 Oct [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-apa-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2091 - Review web animations
https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-10-26].
JS: give to me as well

<MichaelC> action-2091?
<trackbot> action-2091 -- Janina Sajka to Review web animations
https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/ -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091
<ShaneM> note that there are two other specs coming out tomorrow...
Payments HTTP API and Payments HTTP API Messages. No A11Y concerns actually.
JS: we have requested a joint session with Web Authentication TF - they
have an API that we should get familiar with

<MichaelC> action-2091: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Animations
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2091 Review web animations
https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/.
<janina>
https://www.w3.org/blog/webauthn/2016/09/06/new-public-working-draft-of-the-w3c-web-authentication-specification/
<MichaelC> action-2090:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Portable_Web_Publications_Use_Cases_and_Requirements
<trackbot> Notes added to action-2090 Review portable web publications use
cases and requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/.
Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to review Portable Web Publications Use Cases and
Requirements https://www.w3.org/TR/pwp-ucr/ - due 26 Oct [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-apa-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: janina to review Web Animations
https://www.w3.org/TR/web-animations-1/ - due 26 Oct [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-apa-minutes.html#action02]

-- 
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist
Deque Systems Inc.
john.foliot@deque.com

Advancing the mission of digital accessibility and inclusion
Received on Wednesday, 14 September 2016 17:05:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 14 September 2016 17:05:29 UTC