W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > November 2016

Re: Agenda: APA Telecon Wednesday 16 November at 17:00Z

From: Drake, Ted <Ted_Drake@intuit.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:39:15 +0000
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures" <public-apa@w3.org>
CC: Lisa Seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
Message-ID: <31EAE33A-5644-480F-A105-BDCE1AEBD529@intuit.com>
Minutes: 
http://www.w3.org/2016/11/16-apa-minutes.html 

- This was a fast paced meeting, hopefully the minutes make sense – Ted


preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: tdrake
next and future meetings--No APA call next week

tdrake: would like to invite Thierry Koblentz to CSS Accessibility team

janina: no meeting next week due to Thanksgiving holidays
... return November 30 for next meeting

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<scribe> ACTION: 2104 to [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/11/16-apa-minutes.html#action01]
action 2104 extend to early next year.

<trackbot> Error finding '2104'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/users>.
<MichaelC> action-2104 due 31 Dec
<trackbot> Set action-2104 Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ due date to 2016-12-31.
MC: extend action 2104 due 31 December

<MichaelC> action-2104 due 4 Jan 2017
<trackbot> Set action-2104 Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ due date to 2017-01-04.
janina: should we pass this information to ARIA group

MC: will see if ARIA group wants to review the review request separately or will MB's review be sufficient

The APA review should be adequate

JS: action 2103 - Using web sockets to handle communication between devices and user agents. it talks about security and gives examples. It talks about data that changes state. It mentions personalization.

Other specs will become more specific. There is one item JS is looking at. There are diagrams within the documentation. Do we need long descriptions on these diagrams? Or would alternate text be sufficient.

MC: component diagram, class diagram, I can't tell if the content is within the prose.

Looking at component diagram, the details within the diagram are not in the surrounding text, but it could be deeper in the document. There could be a request for making the documentation more accessible.

Spec features are ok, but diagrams need extended descriptions

There's an action for Fred Ash, do we want to re-assign the actions? I will take over the action for credential management. It is due now and possibly have cognitive task for look at it. Perhaps the web payments should look at it.

TD: is this web payments based?

MC: it's credentials management

<MichaelC> Credential Management Level 1
<MichaelC> action-2038 due 6 months
<trackbot> Set action-2038 Raise [https://www.w3.org/tr/credential-management-1/ credential management level 1] for re-review due date to 2017-05-16.
MC: Let's advance this action another 6 months

The remaining actions are either far in the future or for people not on the call.

JS: He has talked to John Foliot, who has been doing heavy travel lately and this will continue into December

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html


MC: there were no new publications

APA's Accessibility Checklist

MC: any thoughts to discuss?

<MichaelC> [DRAFT] Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines Checklist
The checklist has a URL in the wiki/agenda

I added a few things yesterday, such as if technology provides an API

does this API rely on user interfaces for generating data

if Tech defines transmission protocol, this protocol allows third party assistive tech

Do accessible alternatives meet the requirements

I'm working on filling the gaps within the checklist

The i18n checklist has two columns, I don't think we have comprehensive background reading material, so we may not need the second column

I may include some logic to hide columns when not needed.

JS: we should be referencing people to the Maur (sp?) and the checklist

MC: in some places, we may reference people to additional checklists where needed.

<MichaelC> Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines
I'm still referencing the core guidelines of web technologies, the checklist has become a larger priority

I tried to categorize the documents into a harmonious collection with lists of collected user needs.

Other Business

JS: Is there any other business? No? we are done today

zakim bye

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: 2104 to [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/11/16-apa-minutes.html#action01]
 
Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]


On 11/15/16, 9:02 AM, "Janina Sajka" <janina@rednote.net> wrote:

    What:	APA Weekly Teleconference
    When:	Wednesday 2 November
    	 9:00 AM        San Francisco -- U.S. Pacific  Time	(PST: UTC -8)
    	11:00 AM        Austin -- U.S. Central  Time		(CST: UTC -6)
    	12:00 PM        Boston -- U.S. Eastern  Time		(EST: UTC -5)
    	 5:00 PM        London -- British  Time			(BST: UTC +0)
    	 6:00 PM        Vienna -- Central European Time		(CET: UTC +1)
    	 7:00 PM        Tel Aviv -- Israel  Time		(IDT: UTC +2)
    Where:	Webex Teleconference Code: 647 857 439; [See Below]
    	https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mf439584d181075a804580b9894ce6c1d

    
    * Time of day conversions
    
    Please confirm the correct time of this meeting in your time zone using
    the Fixed Time Clock at:
    
    http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=APA+Teleconference&iso=20161116T12&p1=43&ah=1

    
    ** Preliminary Agenda for APA WG Telecon Wednesday 16 November 2016
    
    Meeting: APA WG telecon
    Chair:	Janina
    agenda: this
    agenda+ preview agenda with items from two minutes
    agenda+ next and future meetings--No APA call next week
    agenda+ Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

    agenda+ new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

    agenda+	APA's Accessibility Checklist [See Below]
    agenda+	MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc. [See Below]
    agenda+ Other Business
    agenda+ be done
    
    Resource: APA Minutes
    APA Telecon:	http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html

    COGA TF:	https://www.w3.org/2016/11/14-coga-minutes.html

    Web Payments:	https://www.w3.org/2016/08/31-apa-minutes.html

    
    Resource: APA Minutes from TPAC 2016
    Day 1:	http://www.w3.org/2016/09/19-apa-minutes.html

    Day 2:	http://www.w3.org/2016/09/20-apa-minutes.html

    
    Resource: APA's Accessibility Checklist
    APA Draft #1:		http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

    Security/Privacy: https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

    I18N Review Request:	https://www.w3.org/International/review-request

    I18N Checklist	V1:	http://w3c.github.io/bp-i18n-specdev/

    		V2: https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/developing-specs?collapse

    		V3:	https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/developing-specs

    
    Resource: MAUR Redux
    Note 1.0:	http://www.w3.org/TR/media-accessibility-reqs/

    Checklist:	https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/MediaAccessibilityChecklist

    HTML 5.1:	https://www.w3.org/TR/html51/semantics-embedded-content.html#the-media-elements

    TTML Sync:	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Oct/0005.html

    
    Resource: Research Questions Task Force (RQTF)
    Home Page:	https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/

    Work Statement: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement

    
    Resource: CSS Accessibility Task Force
    Work Statement: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/work-statement

    Draft Issues:	https://github.com/w3c/aria/wiki/CSS-AAM-Potential-Features

    TPAC Mtg:	https://www.w3.org/2016/09/20-css-minutes

    
    Resource: Key APA Pages For Reference
    Home Page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/

    Charter: http://www.w3.org/2015/10/apa-charter.html

    Member List:	https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/83907/status

    Decision Policy: http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/decision-policy

    Tracker (Issues and Actions): http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track

    Spec Review History: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

    
    Resource: Webex Teleconference Logistics
    Webex Best Practices: https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices

    
    Webex Teleconference Code: 647 857 439; Password: [Please request in IRC] 
    APA's Webex Page: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m6e3f82ceee1b44268fd496d928c40001

    
    PSTN --------------------------------------------------------
    U.S. Toll: +1.617.324.0000
    
    Or, request a dial-out from  your Webex app or via:
    https://mit.webex.com/

    
    VoIP --------------------------------------------------------
    Install the Webex plugin for your browser and use it to connect
    
    Or, obtain and use the Webex client app for your mobile--Android,
    Iphone, or Windows mobile.
    
    Or, use SIP ...
    SIP:6173240000@mit.edu (IPv4 only)
    NOTE: SIP Reinvite may need to be disabled.
    
    *IRC Logistics
    IRC: server: irc.w3.org, channel: #APA
    
    IMPORTANT: Upon joining IRC, please identify yourself:
    present+ [your_name]
    Ex: present+ Janina_Sajka
    
    * Some helpful Scribing and Participation Tips
    http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet

    
    For more on the IRC setup and the robots we use for agenda and speaker
    queuing and for posting the log to the web, see:
    
    - For RRSAgent, that captures and posts the log with special attention
      to action items:
    http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent

    
    - For Zakim, the IRC interface to the bridge manager, that will maintain
      speaker and agenda queues:
    http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot

    
    - For a Web gateway to IRC you can use if your network administrators
      forbid IRC, see:
    http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

    
    - For more on W3C use of IRC see:
    http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/

    
    -- 
    
    Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
    			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
    		Email:	janina@rednote.net
    
    Linux Foundation Fellow
    Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

    
    The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
    Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa

    
    
    


Received on Wednesday, 16 November 2016 17:40:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 16 November 2016 17:40:01 UTC