W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > November 2016

Minutes: APA Telecon Wednesday 9 November at 17:00Z

From: Michiel Bijl (list) <michiel.list@moiety.me>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 18:10:03 +0000
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-Id: <E3E17454-8878-4332-8AE3-1328BDB92FE0@moiety.me>
You can find today’s minutes as plain text in this e-mail and at this url: https://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html

—Michiel

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

09 Nov 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Ted, MichielBijl, Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC,
          Katie_Haritos-Shea

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Janina, MichielBijl

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes
         2. [5]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         3. [6]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         4. [7]APA's Accessibility Checklist
         5. [8]MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc.
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <janina> [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

   <janina> Michael, should be correct in the agenda, stand by ...

   <MichielBijl> Sorry, was being lazy.

   <janina> scribe: Janina

preview agenda with items from two minutes

   [no news to share]

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[12]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2102?

   <trackbot> action-2102 -- Janina Sajka to Review spatial data
   on the web use cases & requirements
   [13]https://www.w3.org/tr/sdw-ucr/ -- due 2016-11-09 -- OPEN

     [13] https://www.w3.org/tr/sdw-ucr/

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2102

     [14] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2102

   <MichaelC> close action-2102

   <trackbot> Closed action-2102.

   Janina: No issues

   action-2099?

   <trackbot> action-2099 -- Michael Cooper to Ping review of css
   table module level 3 -- due 2016-02-15 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2099

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2099

   <MichaelC> action-2099 due 2017-02-15

   <trackbot> Set action-2099 Ping review of css table module
   level 3 due date to 2017-02-15.

   Michael: Oops, put in the wrong year when we extended this for
   a ping

   action-2096?

   <trackbot> action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub
   comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

   Ted: Enhanced with new methods for alt text
   ... New method added in support of alt in micropub

   <MichaelC> close action-2096

   <trackbot> Closed action-2096.

   action-2094?

   <trackbot> action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api
   specification [17]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due
   2016-11-09 -- OPEN

     [17] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

     [18] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

   Janina finding no support for most all of the alternative media
   specified by the MAUR

   janina: We have some work here

   <MichaelC> action-2094 due 15 Dec

   <trackbot> Set action-2094 Review tv control api specification
   [19]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ due date to
   2016-12-15.

     [19] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/

   <MichaelC> action-2094: Janina to draft comments referencing
   MAUR.

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2094 Review tv control api
   specification [20]https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/.

     [20] https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/.

   We will need to comment, Janina to draft

   action-2091?

   <trackbot> action-2091 -- Janina Sajka to Review web animations
   [21]https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/ -- due 2016-10-26
   -- OPEN

     [21] https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091

   <MichaelC> close action-2091

   <trackbot> Closed action-2091.

   action-2087?

   <trackbot> action-2087 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review
   [23]https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events -- due
   2016-10-31 -- OPEN

     [23] https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2087

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2087

   <MichaelC> Rich review:
   [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/000
   5.html

     [25] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html

   <MichaelC> action-2086:
   [26]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/000
   5.html

     [26] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2086 Review
   [27]https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events.

     [27] https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/

   <MichaelC> close action-2087

   <trackbot> Closed action-2087.

new on TR [28]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [28] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   Canonical EXI

   <MichaelC> [29]Canonical EXI

     [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/exi-c14n/

   <MichaelC> [30]Content Security Policy Level 2

     [30] https://www.w3.org/TR/CSP2/

   <Ryladog_> ScribeNick: Ryladog

   <Ryladog_> MC: Geolocation API 2nd editions,went straight to
   Rec

   <MichaelC> [31]Geolocation API Specification 2nd Edition

     [31] https://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API/

   <Ryladog_> MC: Incorporates errata

   <Ryladog_> MC: WedIDL thing, I think we dont care

   <Ryladog_> JS: I agree

   <MichaelC> [32]Resource Timing Level 2

     [32] https://www.w3.org/TR/resource-timing-2/

   <Ryladog_> MC: We have Resources Timing Level 1 and 2

   <Ryladog_> MC: No need to review

APA's Accessibility Checklist

   <Ryladog_> JS: If you havent seen this,we have been asked to
   come up with a version 1 - of am Accessibility Checklist. there
   is a draft

   <Ryladog_> MC: We do not think it is complete, but no one has
   commentsed. We have promised W3M we would have a version of
   this by the end of the year

   <Ryladog_> JS: Thought on this today?

   <Ryladog_> MC: I havent a chnace to write anything up, I look
   at the I18N and Privacy Cheklists. I have thoughts, it is
   helpful. I18N has a lot of references

   <Ryladog_> MC: Privacy was extremely simptistic

   <Ryladog_> JS: I like the idea of having pointers

   <MichaelC> [33]http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

     [33] http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

   <Ryladog_> JS: We are supposed o be the in depth resources

MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc.

   <Ryladog_> MC: He sent a followup today

   <Ryladog_> JS: Yes I have a response for him, we can point him
   to the CSS, and that we agreed to do this by media quieries

   <Ryladog_> MC: and that is awaiting on the CSS task force to
   get moving

   <Ryladog_> JS: I thpught the timing was excellent they are just
   finishing 4 and starting on 5

   <Ryladog_> MC: There is a wide reveiw notice

   <Ryladog_> JS: I want to look at it again

   <Ryladog_> MC: You said there are no issues, tell them we
   looked at it

   <Ryladog_> MC: It looks like we do not have to reapond

   <Ryladog_> MC: Is that on HTML 5.2?

   <Ryladog_> JS: I did not see any reason why we would care

   <Ryladog_> JS: There is also ARIA and HTML which I think we
   referred to the ARIA WG

   <Ryladog_> JS: IndexED she is asking a review of

   <Ryladog_> MC: IndexDV

   <Ryladog_> MC: I saw one in my inbox, said we do not need to
   review,but could provide a coutesy reply

   <Ryladog_> JS: OK

   <MichielBijl> scribe: MichielBijl

   MB: I’ll take ARIA in HTML

   JS: You want an action?

   MB: Yeah sure

   <MichaelC> ACTION: Michiel to review ARIA in HTML
   [34]http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aria/ [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aria/
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2104 - Review aria in html
   [36]http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ [on Michiel Bijl - due
   2016-11-16].

     [36] http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/

   JS: My main concern is if there’s a difference between ARIA in
   HTML and the APG

   <MichaelC> action-2104?

   <trackbot> action-2104 -- Michiel Bijl to Review aria in html
   [37]http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ -- due 2016-11-16 -- OPEN

     [37] http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/

   <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2104

     [38] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2104

   JS: Don’t want conflicting advice in the different documents.

   <MichaelC> action-2104:
   [39]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/ARIA_in_HTML

     [39] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/ARIA_in_HTML

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2104 Review aria in html
   [40]http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/.

     [40] http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/.

   MC: What is the other one?

   JS: IndexDB

   MC: Don’t know if we’ve looked at it
   ... We determined on August 24th that we didn’t need to review
   it

   JS: Okay you can tell her that

   MC: That is it for spec reviews.

   JS: Any other business?

   KHS: Do we all have to move to Canada?

   link to that map:
   [41]https://twitter.com/EByard/status/796317753749729280

     [41] https://twitter.com/EByard/status/796317753749729280

   alt=all except seven states are blue among the 18-25
   demographic.

   *concerns about ADA and 508 Refresh*

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Michiel to review ARIA in HTML
   [42]http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aria/ [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html#action01]

     [42] http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aria/
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [44]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([45]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/11/09 17:48:31 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14
Check for newer version at [46]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/??/KHS/
Found Scribe: Janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <Ry
ladog> ...
Found ScribeNick: Ryladog
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <Ry
ladog> ...
Scribes: Janina, MichielBijl
ScribeNicks: Ryladog, janina, MichielBijl
Present: Ted MichielBijl Janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC Katie_Haritos-S
hea

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 09 Nov 2016
Guessing minutes URL: [47]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: michiel

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.



   [End of [48]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [48] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 9 November 2016 18:10:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 9 November 2016 18:10:37 UTC