W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > November 2016

Draft minutes: APA call on 2016-11-02

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(List\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 17:42:16 +0100
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <d4bb501d23528$12969c70$37c3d550$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format:  <https://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apa-minutes.html>
https://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apa-minutes.html

Text format: see below.

 

Best regards,

Gottfried

___________________________________________________

 

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann

Mobile User Interaction

___________________________________________________

 

 

   [1]W3C

 

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

 

                               - DRAFT -

 

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

 

02 Nov 2016

 

   See also: [2]IRC log

 

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apa-irc

 

Attendees

 

   Present

          Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger,

          Gottfried, me

 

   Regrets

          Leonie, Shane

 

   Chair

          Janina

 

   Scribe

         Gottfried

 

Contents

 

     * [3]Topics

         1. [4]preview agenda with items from two minutes

         2. [5]next and future meetings

         3. [6]Actions Checkin (Specs)

            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

         4. [7]new on TR

            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

         5. [8]APA's Accessibility Checklist

         6. [9]Other Business

     * [10]Summary of Action Items

     * [11]Summary of Resolutions

     __________________________________________________________

 

   <scribe> scribe: Gottfried

 

preview agenda with items from two minutes

 

   Rich: Will retire at end of 2016. Moving to the carribean. Will

   continue to chair ARIA wg, but scaling back other W3C

   activities. Available if we need him.

 

   <Rich>

   [12]http://www.wesharebonaire.com/2015/02/14/i-shall-return/

 

     [12] http://www.wesharebonaire.com/2015/02/14/i-shall-return/

 

next and future meetings

 

   Janina: US goes back to standard time next week.

   ... So usual time for Europe again.

 

   No meeting on Nov. 23 (just before Thanksgiving).

 

Actions Checkin (Specs)

[13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

 

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

 

   action-2097?

 

   <trackbot> action-2097 -- Janina Sajka to Re-review

   [14]https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc/ webrtc 1.0: real-time

   communication between browsers -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

 

     [14] https://www.w3.org/tr/webrtc/

 

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2097

 

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2097

 

   Janina: Done - we can let it go as is.

 

   <MichaelC> close action-2097

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-2097.

 

   action-2096?

 

   <trackbot> action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub

  comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

 

     [16] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

 

   action-2091?

 

   <trackbot> action-2091 -- Janina Sajka to Review web animations

   [17]https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/ -- due 2016-10-26

   -- OPEN

 

     [17] https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/

 

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091

 

     [18] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091

 

   action-2087?

 

   <trackbot> action-2087 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review

   [19]https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events -- due

   2016-10-31 -- OPEN

 

     [19] https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/

 

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2087

 

     [20] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2087

 

   Janina: Need to reassign this.

 

   Michael: Rich has reviewed it in a former version.

 

   Rich: I can do this.

 

   <MichaelC> close action-2097

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-2097.

 

   action-2070?

 

   <trackbot> action-2070 -- Lisa Seeman to Pick up the thread

   with [21]https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/ css

   counter styles level 3 on needing reply to their response to us

   -- due 2016-07-20 -- OPEN

 

     [21] https://www.w3.org/tr/css-counter-styles-3/

 

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

 

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2070

 

   Janina: Will ping Lisa again.

 

   action-2069?

 

   <trackbot> action-2069 -- Michael Cooper to Follow up on

   [23]http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/ media source extensions

   -- due 2016-08-04 -- OPEN

 

     [23] http://www.w3.org/tr/media-source/

 

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2069

 

     [24] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2069

 

   Janina: PF looked at in Dec. I think we disposed it.

 

   Michael: We filed comments, and got a reply. We were not sure

   if all our comments were fully addressed.

   ... It is now on PR already. It is unlikely that we can change

   things anymore. Close it?

 

   Janina: Yes. We have a pointer on our comments.

 

   Michael: On a quick look, things seem to be okay.

   ... Things have changed so much, hard to follow up on our

   comments.

 

   <MichaelC> close action-2069

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-2069.

 

   action-2052?

 

   <trackbot> action-2052 -- Shane McCarron to Review

   [25]https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow dom -- due

   2016-09-28 -- OPEN

 

     [25] https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/

 

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

 

     [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2052

 

   Janina: Shane sent regrets for the meeting today.

   ... Leave it open.

 

   action-2081?

 

   <trackbot> action-2081 -- Michael Cooper to See if web app

   manifest comments are dealt with

   [27]https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/web_app_manifest -- due

   2016-08-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

 

     [27] https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/web_app_manifest

 

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2081

 

     [28] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2081

 

   Michael: I think that the comments are dealt with. They said

   they must amend the caption. Feature of splash screens appears

   to be removed. We should plan to do a respec accessibility

   review.

 

   <MichaelC> close action-2081

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-2081.

 

   action-2050?

 

   <trackbot> action-2050 -- Janina Sajka to Review

   [29]https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio output devices

   api -- due 2016-11-02 -- OPEN

 

     [29] https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/

 

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2050

 

     [30] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2050

 

   Janina: It is fine. Close it.

   ... I will respond to the wide review request.

 

   <MichaelC> close action-2050

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-2050.

 

   action-2048?

 

   <trackbot> action-2048 -- John Foliot to Review

   [31]https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/ timed text markup language 2

   (ttml2) -- due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN

 

     [31] https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml2/

 

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048

 

     [32] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2048

 

   Janina: I will ping John.

 

   action-2029?

 

   <trackbot> action-2029 -- John Foliot to Review discovery &

   registration of multimodal modality components: state handling

   [33]https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/ -- due 2016-10-20

   -- OPEN

 

     [33] https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/

 

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2029

 

     [34] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2029

 

   Janina: What status is it?

 

   Michael: WD last published in April 2016.

 

   Janina: We can push the due date into Jan.

 

   <MichaelC> action-2029 due 3 months

 

   <trackbot> Set action-2029 Review discovery & registration of

   multimodal modality components: state handling

   [35]https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/ due date to

   2017-02-02.

 

     [35] https://www.w3.org/tr/mmi-mc-discovery/

 

   action-1762?

 

   <trackbot> action-1762 -- Katie Haritos-Shea to Review

   [36]http://www.w3.org/tr/csp-cookies/ content security policy:

   cookie controls to see if a11y issues or not -- due 2016-03-09

   -- OPEN

 

     [36] http://www.w3.org/tr/csp-cookies/

 

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1762

 

     [37] http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1762

 

   Michael: The spec is obsoleted now.

 

   <MichaelC> close action-1762

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-1762.

 

new on TR [38]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

 

     [38] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

 

   <MichaelC> [39]CSS Scroll Snap Module Level 1

 

     [39] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-scroll-snap-1/

 

   Janina: We will deal with it in CSS-TF

 

   <MichaelC> close action-2098

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-2098.

 

   Michael: Another wide review req

 

   <MichaelC> [40]High Resolution Time Level 3

 

     [40] https://www.w3.org/TR/hr-time-3/

 

   Janina: We looked at HR time a while ago in PF, and did not

   find any issues.

   ... Think we can safely pass on this one.

 

   <MichaelC> [41]User Timing Level 2

 

     [41] https://www.w3.org/TR/user-timing-2/

 

   Michael: Will go to CR in 3 weeks.

   ... I don't think we need to review it.

 

   Janina: Yes, i am okay with this. Collecting data is not our

   problem.

 

   Michael: I think we looked at whether it could interfere with

   AT.

   ... There is a category of specs that we might want to look at

   but we have nobody for it. We might want to revisit them at

   some time in the future

 

APA's Accessibility Checklist

 

   <MichaelC> [42][DRAFT] Web Technology Accessibility Guidelines

   Checklist

 

     [42] http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

 

   Janina: APA members should look at the questionnaire to be sent

   to the wgs.

 

   Michael: I will look at it and compare with guidance docs from

   other wgs.

 

   Janina: We promised Philippe that we will have a version 1 by

   end of this year.

 

   Michael: Philippe is the project management lead in W3C (all

   wgs). Judy has responsibility for WAI groups, but we are

   responsible to Philippe as well. He looks after project

   timelines.

 

   Janina: This is important for the 3 horizontal

   reviews(security/privacy, internationalization, accessibility).

   ... Comments should be sent to our mailing list.

 

Other Business

 

   Janina: We had a loss of members recently. Need to do some

   recruiting.

 

   Rich: Mary Joe should reach out to people.

 

   Janina: Will contact her.

 

Summary of Action Items

 

Summary of Resolutions

 

   [End of minutes]

     __________________________________________________________

 

 

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [43]scribe.perl version

    1.148 ([44]CVS log)

    $Date: 2016/11/02 16:40:22 $

     __________________________________________________________

 

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

 

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

 

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14

Check for newer version at [45]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/

scribe/

 

     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

 

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

 

Succeeded: s/looke/looked/

Succeeded: s/version/version 1/

Found Scribe: Gottfried

Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried

Default Present: Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger,

Gottfried

Present: Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC Janina Rich_Schwerdtfeger Gottfried me

Regrets: Leonie Shane

Found Date: 02 Nov 2016

Guessing minutes URL: [46]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apa-minutes.html

People with action items:

 

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apa-minutes.html

 

 

   [End of [47]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

 

     [47] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

 

 
Received on Wednesday, 2 November 2016 16:42:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 2 November 2016 16:42:56 UTC