W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > March 2016

APA Minutes for March 3, 2016

From: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 18:03:27 +0000
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <SN1PR0301MB1535BFCAC5EAD98BE8EB861EC6BC0@SN1PR0301MB1535.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
http://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference
02 Mar 2016

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-irc>

Attendees
Present
Janina, Michiel_Bijl, JF, Joanmarie_Diggs, fesch, MichaelC, ShaneM, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
Regrets
Leonie, Gottfried, Mary_Jo
Chair
Janina
Scribe
cyns, cyns_
Contents

  *   Topics<https://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   preview agenda with items from two minutes<https://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#item01>
     *   Actions Review (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8<https://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#item02>
     *   new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html<https://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Web Payments Next Steps -- Shane, Janina<https://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#item04>
  *   Summary of Action Items<https://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
  *   Summary of Resolutions<https://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

________________________________
preview agenda with items from two minutes

<fesch> bizarrely I got dropped

<cyns> scribe nick cyns

<MichielBijl> tribe: cyns

<cyns> scribe: cyns

js: can anyone volunteer to look at community groups this week?

jf: I will

<JF> ACTION: JF to look at Community groups for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2015 - Look at community groups for next week [on John Foliot - due 2016-03-09].

js: US moves to daylight time in 2 weeks. We'll be out of synch with EU for a bit

mb: changed jobs. now with Paciello

(all) congrats

zakim take up next item
Actions Review (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<MichaelC> action-2008?

<trackbot> action-2008 -- John Foliot to Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.0 (imsc1) https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1/ -- due 2016-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2008

<MichaelC> action-2006?

<trackbot> action-2006 -- John Foliot to Draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on eme https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ -- due 2016-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2006

jf: need another week

<MichaelC> action-2006 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2006 Draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on eme https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ due date to 2016-03-09.

<MichaelC> action-2008 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2008 Review ttml profiles for internet media subtitles and captions 1.0 (imsc1) https://www.w3.org/tr/ttml-imsc1/ due date to 2016-03-09.

<joanie> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Presentation_API

jd: done
... for the most part, not user interface.
... exceptions 1) implmentors are encouraged to show users whethr an availbl display is in use...
... I think it's covered by otehr specs
... 2) "if any of the following steps fails, abort all remaining steps and close the ... human readable message..." do we want to point out cognitive issues or refer to cogat tf

mc: think you'll get either too much or too little from them... don't think it's critical to have them review

jd: some other notes. "using a ... mechanism" is vague, but not user facing
... "... in response to a window-close equivalent..." what is the equivalent? real window close would result in aapi signals to ATs. Do we need to worry about that?

cs: I think that's valid feedback. What is equivalent

jd: the reason I was concerned about this was how will it be rendered on the recieving end. spec says to navigate to the resource URL, which covers my concerns.

mc: might still be concerns...

jd: next steps?

mc: ask as an inidividual, decide on formal comments based on answer

<MichaelC> action-1762?

<trackbot> action-1762 -- Katie Haritos-Shea to Review http://www.w3.org/tr/csp-cookies/ content security policy: cookie controls to see if a11y issues or not -- due 2016-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1762

<MichaelC> action-1762 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-1762 Review http://www.w3.org/tr/csp-cookies/ content security policy: cookie controls to see if a11y issues or not due date to 2016-03-09.

khs: haven't done yet

<MichaelC> action-2014?

<trackbot> action-2014 -- Fred Esch to Review micropub https://www.w3.org/tr/micropub/ -- due 2016-02-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2014

fe: review micro-pub. it's really early. we shoudl look at it in a year or so
... no api for alternative text and captions

js: maybe send them a note now so they address it early

fe: could, but they don't have any server-side stuff

js: can do later
... is there a way to keep defered ist?

mc: on wiki?

js: put a future date on an action

mc: prefer to do in wiki

<Zakim> joanie, you wanted to discuss quick follow-up on my earlier question

jd: michael, put on wiki that I will pose question, but i can't find the "equivalent' text. they don't need to chagne anything. shold I just email and say apa doens't have concerns

mc: presentation api? changing wiki to spec review complete
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Spec Reviews<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review>

mc: added categories: active, complete, defered, needed, not checked not needed
... needed means we want to review, but haven't foudn someone to do it
... not checked is new stuff on the radar
... in not checked category, there are 19 pages. not sure how to prioritize.
... do we need to check xpath and xquery

sm: no

mc: csv on the web?

sm: we already did. should be fine

mc: aria in html. do we need to check?

js: probably not at this point

mc: clipboard api and events?

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Clipboard_API_and_events

cs: probalby should look at that. copy/paste sometimes drop a11y data

mb: I'll take the action

<MichaelC> ACTION: Michiel to review Clipboard API and events http://www.w3.org/TR/clipboard-apis/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2016 - Review clipboard api and events http://www.w3.org/tr/clipboard-apis/ [on Michiel Bijl - due 2016-03-09].

<MichaelC> action-2016?

<trackbot> action-2016 -- Michiel Bijl to Review clipboard api and events http://www.w3.org/tr/clipboard-apis/ -- due 2016-03-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2016

mc: css round display level 1

fe: i already looked at it. has same problem with read, tab, dom order as flexbox
... primarily aimed towards watches.

mc: will need to dig up review because it was done before we were tracking
... active?

js: I think we decided to look at it with flexbox and grid layout. were going to discuss at tpac.

mc: marking as defered with note about fred's findings, need to find older activity and put in wiki

jf: jsut did a quick look at csv on web. it's all about metadata. don't think we need to look at them.

mc: now have 11 needing checks

jf: can also take out frame timing, because it's mostly at the system level, no ui or interaction

<MichaelC> HTML Imports<https://www.w3.org/TR/html-imports/>

mc: html imports are a way to include html docs in other html docs

<ShaneM> hysterical. we had this in XHTML2

js: I think if we have issues, it would be with markup not import mechanics

jf: what about conflicts?

mc: doc.write disabled on imported documents
... could that interfere with assistive communication devices?

jf: if you have javascript with aria injection

mc: sounds like we should look at it

js: talk with leonie when she's here

mc: set as spec review needed

<JF> Might want to drop Network Error Logging as well Michael
Web Payments Next Steps -- Shane, Janina

sm: take-away for this group...
... the web payments workign group is prohibited from doing ux work.
... to the extent that spec defines any user interaction, it's all about what the user agent shoudl expose.
... from our perspective, the challenge will be that, because there are no ux prescritions, it's goign to be hard to give a11y requiremetns
... the api they're working on is a monolithic api. think of it as a "checkout api".
... click checkout, merchant will make a ball of JSON and pass it off to the user agent. then user agent takes over, may have AT. user agent may interact with an external agent, like a special wallet. We have no idea what happens in either of these steps. comes back with success or failure to merchant.
... we have over-arching w3c UA requriements. If we think these are good enough for UI of User Agent (the "chrome" or "frame")

khs: we need to talk about not blocking accessibility apis from interacting with this api or its results

js: my concern is that what we're going to find we need is more control over UI in order to support accessibility. We need it to work in various kinds of enviroments, not just desktop. might be noisy, etc. May not be ok to give the same ui to everyone and let at sort it out.
... need very targeted info. Not slow down the process.
... highlighitng of key points, may need personalization
... PAUR is different than MAUR because it's not media types, it's more about levels of tolerance for what user can/can't handle

<JF> Cloud Browser TF: https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Main_Page/Cloud_Browser_TF

jf: did I understand correctly that this is brower chrome not webpage?

sm: that is one possible implementation, yes

jf: I've been looking at cloud-based browser. they may have problems with connecting at. there might be an interop relationship there we need to track

<Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to talk about AT access to the payment UI

sm: janina and katie said that we might want more detailed access. The challenge is that we don't want to expose info that I don't want to get out.
... good example is lastpass. it uses the AT hooks in Android. It has access to everything in the screen. I can imagine UA developers being resistant to exposing that to outside agents

<Zakim> cyns, you wanted to say this reminds me of drm in publishing

<ShaneM> good point - user footprint is waaay larger than developer.

<ShaneM> I could see permission settings that get exposed to ATs so that the user actually is aware of what an AT has access to.

<cyns_> scribe: cyns_

js: should we run a doodle poll to discuss web payemnts

sm: yes
... user agents have a permission model now. maybe we could use that for AT access to web payment details?

js: need to review in more detail.
... let's put together another call

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: JF to look at Community groups for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Michiel to review Clipboard API and events http://www.w3.org/TR/clipboard-apis/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html#action02]

Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.144 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2016/03/02 18:01:03 $
________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34

Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/



Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)



Found Scribe: cyns

Inferring ScribeNick: cyns

Found Scribe: cyns_

Inferring ScribeNick: cyns_

Scribes: cyns, cyns_

ScribeNicks: cyns, cyns_

Default Present: Janina, Michiel_Bijl, JF, Joanmarie_Diggs, fesch, MichaelC, ShaneM, Rich_Schwerdtfeger

Present: Janina Michiel_Bijl JF Joanmarie_Diggs fesch MichaelC ShaneM Rich_Schwerdtfeger

Regrets: Leonie Gottfried Mary_Jo

Found Date: 02 Mar 2016

Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/03/02-apa-minutes.html

People with action items: jf michiel



WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.

You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.




[End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Wednesday, 2 March 2016 18:04:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 2 March 2016 18:04:08 UTC