W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > June 2016

Minutes for June 15, 2016 meeting

From: Shane McCarron <shane@spec-ops.io>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:03:46 -0500
Message-ID: <CAJdbnOAutJwW6euUuxy9dGY5KKHcV8Lxxnyt4rizuZf9TCE3_w@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-apa@w3.org
Draft minutes for the meeting are at
https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html.  A text version is below:


[image: W3C] <http://www.w3.org/>
- DRAFT -Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference15
Jun 2016

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-irc>
Attendees
PresentJanina, Joanmarie_Diggs, JF, fesch, MichaelC, Léonie, LJWatson,
ShaneMRegretsChairJaninaScribeShaneM
Contents

   - Topics <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item01>
      2. TPAC 2016 Planning
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item02>
      3. COGA FPWD Update -- Lisa, Michael
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item03>
      4. RQTF Update & Recruiting -- Jason
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item04>
      5. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item05>
      6. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item06>
      7. Action-2059 CSS Pseudo Elements
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0035.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item07>
      8. Action-2055 CSS Painting
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0031.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item08>
      9. Action-2059 CSS Pseudo Elements
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0035.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#item09>
   - Summary of Action Items
   <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
   - Summary of Resolutions
   <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------

preview agenda with items from two minutes

<Lisa_Seeman> password for webex?

<scribe> scribe: ShaneM

Cynthia: Progress happening on test automation.
... meeting scheduled on friday.
... Jon gunderson is organizing the meeting on Friday.

MichaelC: I have been meaning to ask that the conversation get moved to the
aria-testing mailing list.
... that list might be open subscription - I am not sure.

JF: it would be nice to get that more publicized.

MichaelC: it has been posted to ARIA list and put on the page.

Cyns: Let's wait until things settle out before we start pulling in more
people.

JF: There is a firm date of October for the 508 refresh
... there is a concern that it get done before the general election so it
does not fall by the wayside again.

janina_: any discussion of an ADA refresh?

JF: Not that I noticed.

janina_: There is an expectation that a refresh would put more requirements
on web sites (Title III etc.)

JF: What I heard is third hand...
TPAC 2016 Planning

Nothing new to report on the agenda.

We will be very busy all week in two rooms.

There has been a discussion about getting together in a breakout on
Wednesday about horizontal review groups.

scribe: not decided yet, but it could happen. There is a lot of interest.

janina_: chair's breakfast is usually on Tuesday.
COGA FPWD Update -- Lisa, Michael

Lisa_Seeman: would like to publish two documents. gap analysis and roadmap,
and then a companion document on issue papers

<Lisa_Seeman> http://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/

<Lisa_Seeman> http://w3c.github.io/coga/issue-papers/

Lisa_Seeman: there is a lot of content in it, but there will be more and
improvements.
... we are looking forward to feedback. publish sooner rather than later
and then make changes.
... beginning sections are more mature.

janina_: we need a resolution here to publish, then a CFC.
... is WCAG going to run their process as well?

Lisa_Seeman: They are running through their process. There was some
discussion about another appendix on WCAG techniques. We are removing
appendix 2 until they have time to generate some feedback on it.

janina_: so they will take it up on their own?

Lisa_Seeman: Yes.

MichaelC: I am not sure if it is a separate document. It might just return
as an appendix to the gap analysis once they have reviewed it separately.

*RESOLUTION: Publish the two documents referenced by Lisa above as FPWD.*

<Lisa_Seeman> thank you all
RQTF Update & Recruiting -- Jason

janina_: there were no objections to launching the task force. Home page is
getting put together and identify low hanging fruit.

slightlyoff: CFC has passed. Work statement is approved. Begun work on text
for announcement and invitation to participate.
... areas of potential investigation are identified
... authentication, personalization, etc.
... any decisions about actual work items will be made in the context of
the group.
... we are mostly set up at this point. Just need to make the formal
announcement.

<MichaelC> Research Questions Task Force
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/>

slightlyoff: some possibility of meeting at TPAC.

janina_: Recruiting?
... we should ask the group here to help identify people who would shine in
this group.
... particularly from our larger members.
... expand our ability to think creatively!

slightlyoff: once we have the announcement ready we will circulate that to
people in the research community.
... everyone here is of course welcome to circulate it further as well.

janina_: hopefully we will be ready to look at telecon times etc by next
week's meeting.
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

janina_: screen capture is very interesting. Nothing to comment on yet.
Probably will be.

ACTION-2061

<trackbot> ACTION-2061 -- Janina Sajka to Review screen capture
https://www.w3.org/tr/screen-capture/ -- due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2061

<MichaelC> action-2061 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2061 Review screen capture
https://www.w3.org/tr/screen-capture/ due date to 2016-12-15.

MichaelC: marking as spec review deferred. move the action out 6 months.

ACTION-2060

<trackbot> ACTION-2060 -- Janina Sajka to Review media capture from dom
elements https://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-fromelement/ -- due 2016-06-15
-- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2060

janina_: looked at multi streams. They are accomodating them.
... unclear how the pieces fit together, but no issues with this spec.

<MichaelC> close action-2060

<trackbot> Closed action-2060.

ACTION-2059

<trackbot> ACTION-2059 -- Fred Esch to Review css pseudo-elements module
level 4 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-pseudo-4/ -- due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2059

On the agenda for later...

ACTION-2058

<trackbot> ACTION-2058 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review css properties and
values api level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ --
due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2058

Cyns: Not done yet.

<MichaelC> action-2058 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2058 Review css properties and values api level 1
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ due date to 2016-06-29.

ACTION-2057

<trackbot> ACTION-2057 -- Michael Cooper to Review css properties and
values api level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ --
due 2016-06-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2057

MichaelC: Let's discuss this next week. I sent some notes to the list.
... this module might not have issues, but things that use it might. Not
clear yet.

ACTION-2056

<trackbot> ACTION-2056 -- Fred Esch to Review css properties and values api
level 1 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ -- due
2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2056

<MichaelC> action-2056 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2056 Review css properties and values api level 1
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-properties-values-api-1/ due date to 2016-06-29.

Not done yet.

ACTION-2055

<trackbot> ACTION-2055 -- Fred Esch to Review css painting api level 1
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-paint-api-1/ -- due 2016-06-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2055

On agenda for later.

ACTION-2053

<trackbot> ACTION-2053 -- Shane McCarron to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ web authentication: a web api for accessing
scoped credentials -- due 2016-06-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2053

Doesn't have UI implications but has human interface specifications. Let's
discuss on list.

<MichaelC> action-2053 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2053 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ web
authentication: a web api for accessing scoped credentials due date to
2016-06-29.

MichaelC: I don't want to lose track of this one.

janina_: let's leave it open and discuss in two weeks.

ACTION-2051

<trackbot> ACTION-2051 -- Fred Esch to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-overflow-3/ css overflow module level 3 -- due
2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2051

Not sure what should be done with this. It is really only about clipping
and scrolling.

Cyns: We should put it on the list of things that need interaction with
A11Y APIs.
... there are states and properties that might interact with scrolling and
viewports.

MichaelC: so should be be part of the CSS-AAM?

Cyns: It is on the list of specs already.

MichaelC: tagged with CSS-AAM. are we closing or reassigning?
... I prefer closing it.

<MichaelC> close action-2051

<trackbot> Closed action-2051.

fesch: need to update the wiki

MichaelC: if you could update the wiki with the information about scrolling
that would be helpful.

janina_: for example there are some things about off-screen data that
should be captured.

fesch: you don't know what is clipped or not. ATs will read it whether it
is clipped or not. That's why I pinged them. Not sure if that is a good
thing or a bad thing.

ACTION-2050

<trackbot> ACTION-2050 -- Janina Sajka to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio output devices api -- due
2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2050

janina_: very eary draft. exactly what we contemplated in the MAUR. Let's
bring back in 6 months.
... it is an implementation of part of the functionality from the web audio
API.

<MichaelC> action-2050 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2050 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio
output devices api due date to 2016-12-15.

ACTION-2049

<trackbot> ACTION-2049 -- Janina Sajka to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ media capture and streams --
due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2049

janina_: it is about microphones and webcams. It incorporates the MAUR
concepts. I think we are good.

<MichaelC> close action-2049

<trackbot> Closed action-2049.

ACTION-2047

<trackbot> ACTION-2047 -- Michiel Bijl to Review css grid layout
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/ -- due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2047

MichielBijl: did not yet get to that.

MichaelC: put off for two weeks

<MichaelC> action-2047 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2047 Review css grid layout
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/ due date to 2016-06-29.

janina_: this is related to 2011 too.

<MichaelC> action-2011 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2011 Janina to draft examples of how the hand-wavey
stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be solidified due
date to 2016-06-29.

janina_: push out 2011 two weeks also

<MichaelC> action-2047: also see action-2011

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2047 Review css grid layout
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/. <https://www.w3.org/tr/css-grid-1/>

<MichaelC> action-2011: also see action-2047

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2011 Janina to draft examples of how the
hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be
solidified.

ACTION-2046

<trackbot> ACTION-2046 -- Cynthia Shelly to Add headings for ordering in
css aam http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html -- due 2016-06-15 --
OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2046

<MichaelC> action-2046 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2046 Add headings for ordering in css aam
http://github/w3c/aria/css-aam/css-aam.html due date to 2016-06-22.

Cyns: I have the list in a non-shareable format. Running it by a couple of
people internally then will put onto the list or github.

ACTION-2040

<trackbot> ACTION-2040 -- John Foliot to Reach out to ai2 on css scroll
snap points -- due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2040

JF: not yet done. trying to coordinate with Leonie.

janina_: let's do this sooner than later. What she is asking is something
they might want to do at the same time (pointer lock)

JF: need another week.

<MichaelC> action-2040 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2040 Reach out to ai2 on css scroll snap points due
date to 2016-06-22.

ACTION-2026

<trackbot> ACTION-2026 -- Lisa Seeman to Review secure contexts
https://www.w3.org/tr/powerful-features/ -- due 2016-04-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2026

<MichaelC> action-2026 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2026 Review secure contexts
https://www.w3.org/tr/powerful-features/ due date to 2016-06-29.
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MichaelC: there are no new publications
... there is churn but we dont know if it is meaningful.
Action-2059 CSS Pseudo Elements
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0035.html

ACTION-2059

<trackbot> ACTION-2059 -- Fred Esch to Review css pseudo-elements module
level 4 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-pseudo-4/ -- due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2059
Action-2055 CSS Painting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0031.html

ACTION-2055

<trackbot> ACTION-2055 -- Fred Esch to Review css painting api level 1
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-paint-api-1/ -- due 2016-06-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2055

fesch: very low level. don't see any A11Y concerns.

<fesch> The contents of the resulting image are not designed to be
accessible. Authors should communicate any useful information through the
standard accessibility APIs.

fesch: we might want to revisit it in the future. If so, very low priority.
It is very empty right now.

janina_: is 6 months too soon?

MichaelC: I am inclined to go with 6 months..
Action-2059 CSS Pseudo Elements
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Jun/0035.html

ACTION-2059

<trackbot> ACTION-2059 -- Fred Esch to Review css pseudo-elements module
level 4 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-pseudo-4/ -- due 2016-06-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2059

fesch: all sorts of a11y concerns.

<MichaelC> action-2055 due 6 months

<trackbot> Set action-2055 Review css painting api level 1
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-paint-api-1/ due date to 2016-12-15.

fesch: highlight pseudo elements. visual changes that might not be
available to AT.

They have security concerns. The UA should not be able to report these
things. Usually spelling mistakes etc.

scribe: I think that visually changing things could be challenging for low
vision users. There should at least be a note that says do this right.
... there are also concerns about before, after, and **** are a concern.
they cannot be resized for example.

fesch: The other thing is that in the CSS obejct model it may contain rules
for inclusion in the A11Y tree.
... they say that things can be source of events. If things can be a source
of events, then it needs to be in the A11Y tree.
... I dont know if that is relevant to the CSS-AAM and CORE-AAM.
Summary of Action ItemsSummary of Resolutions

   1. Publish the two documents referenced by Lisa above as FPWD.
   <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html#resolution01>

[End of minutes]
------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
1.144 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2016/06/15 16:48:54 $
------------------------------
Scribe.perl diagnostic output[Delete this section before finalizing the
minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/rviewed/reviewed/
Succeeded: s/Sure/I am inclined to go with 6 months./
Found Scribe: ShaneM
Inferring ScribeNick: ShaneM
Present: Janina Joanmarie_Diggs JF fesch MichaelC Léonie LJWatson ShaneM
Found Date: 15 Jun 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/06/15-apa-minutes.html
People with action items:


[End of scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic
output]

-- 
Shane McCarron
Projects Manager, Spec-Ops
Received on Wednesday, 15 June 2016 17:04:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 15 June 2016 17:04:45 UTC