W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > June 2016

Minutes: 06/01/2016

From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 12:00:39 -0500
Message-ID: <CAKdCpxyeRSw2oDjqWv82tgGNLM8q4Zy6Ym4QQHgke92kQOK9Bw@mail.gmail.com>
To: W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures <public-apa@w3.org>
All, please find this week's minutes at:
https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html

or provided below:
Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference01 Jun 2016

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-irc>
Attendees
PresentJF, Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, LJWatson, MichielBijl, fesch, MichaelC,
Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Judy, Shadi, Jason_White, ShaneM, CynsRegretsChairJanina
ScribeJF
Contents

   - Topics <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. preview agenda with items from two minutes
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item01>
      2. TPAC 2016 Planning
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item02>
      3. Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item03>
      4. new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item04>
      5. RQTF Formation
      https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item05>
      6. Action-2045 DOM Parsing & Serialization
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016May/0044.html
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item06>
      7. CSS -- Updates and Next Steps
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item07>
      8. Pointer Lock
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item08>
      9. CSS -- Updates and Next Steps
      <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#item09>
   - Summary of Action Items
   <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
   - Summary of Resolutions
   <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------

preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: JF

JF: congrats to leonie for being elected to the AB
TPAC 2016 Planning

JS: hotel rooms seem to still be available, but book sooner rather than
later

zalim, take up next ite,m
Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<MichaelC> action-2049 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2049 Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ media capture and streams due
date to 2016-06-08.

ACTION 2049

action-2044

<trackbot> action-2044 -- Léonie Watson to Review dom parsing and
serialization https://www.w3.org/tr/dom-parsing/ -- due 2016-05-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2044

action-2043

<trackbot> action-2043 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css positioned layout module level 3
-- due 2016-06-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2043

<MichaelC> action-2043 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2043 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css
positioned layout module level 3 due date to 2016-06-08.

action-2042

<trackbot> action-2042 -- Fred Esch to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css positioned layout module level 3
-- due 2016-06-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2042

action-2041

<trackbot> action-2041 -- Léonie Watson to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css positioned layout module level 3
-- due 2016-06-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2041

<MichaelC> action-2042 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2042 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css
positioned layout module level 3 due date to 2016-06-08.

<MichaelC> action-2041 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2041 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/css-position-3/ css
positioned layout module level 3 due date to 2016-06-08.

FE: this is going to have the same problem as other layout issues

LJW: we decided to treat all CSS modules collectively

MC: the CSS category page (in the wiki) has a note about this
... should we close these actios and migrate to that group?

JS: key is to generate the list of specific modules
... think that was on Cyns

we likely will need/want that the next time we meet with the CSS WG

the issues we are seeing cut across multiple specs - it's not just the
flex-box spec

MC: will not this in the wiki, and close the 3 actions. Will need to triage
that going forward

Cyns: will work on that list shortly, and deliver soon

<MichaelC> close action-2041

<trackbot> Closed action-2041.

<MichaelC> close action-2042

<trackbot> Closed action-2042.

<MichaelC> close action-20143

<trackbot> Closed action-20143.

<MichaelC> close action-2043

<trackbot> Closed action-2043.

JS: should also add the stub to the CSS AAM on the agenda page/emails

action-2033

<trackbot> action-2033 -- Shane McCarron to Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/tracking-compliance/ tracking compliance and scope --
due 2016-05-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2033

<MichaelC> action-2033 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2033 Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/tracking-compliance/ tracking
compliance and scope due date to 2016-06-08.

action-2011

<trackbot> action-2011 -- Janina Sajka to Janina to draft examples of how
the hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be
solidified -- due 2016-06-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2011

<MichaelC> action-2011 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2011 Janina to draft examples of how the hand-wavey
stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be solidified due
date to 2016-06-08.

JS: still waiting for Michiel for some code sample stuff

LJW: please copy me when you ping Michiel

action-1750

<trackbot> action-1750 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review ui events -- due
2016-06-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1750

<MichaelC> action-1750 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-1750 Review ui events due date to 2016-06-08.

Cyns: meeting scheduled with Travis later this week with feedback - hope to
resolve within the week

JS: didn't take a formal action to review the alt text advice - appears to
be a clear improvement over 5.0
... may need/want to do a more detailed review now that dPub is in
new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Activity Streams 2.0
<https://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-core/>

MC: assuming we are not interested?
... "activity" seems very RDF-ish

SM: was not aware of this - will go investigate, but not relevant to this WG

<MichaelC> Activity Vocabulary
<https://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-vocabulary/>

<MichaelC> Audio Output Devices API <https://www.w3.org/TR/audio-output/>

JS: will take this and review. I care about this one a lot

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/audio-output/ Audio
Output Devices API [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2050 - Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/audio-output/ audio
output devices api [on Janina Sajka - due 2016-06-08].

<MichaelC> CSS Overflow Module Level 3
<https://www.w3.org/TR/css-overflow-3/>

FE: can give that to me, doubt there is anything but I will review

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* esch to review https://www.w3.org/TR/css-overflow-3/ CSS
Overflow Module Level 3 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2051 - Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/css-overflow-3/ css overflow module level 3 [on Fred
Esch - due 2016-06-08].

<MichaelC> MediaStream Image Capture <https://www.w3.org/TR/image-capture/>

JS: we can likely skip this

JF: tend to agree

MC: what we do with the resulting iimage is likely more in scope

<MichaelC> Semantic Sensor Network Ontology
<https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/>

<MichaelC> Shadow DOM <https://www.w3.org/TR/shadow-dom/>

LJW: there are some accessibility implications on that - I've been watching
it and so has Dylan B at Deque

believe it is worth monitoring

JS: what is the current status?

MC: this is a draft

LJW: still going through working draft - no timetable to move to CR

Cyns: can look at this but will need some time

SM: I don't have issues on this type of spec

LJW: yes, aware of this "problem" and therer is an effort to de-tangle that

JS: suggest we put this on a defered/watch list

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* cynthia to review https://www.w3.org/TR/shadow-dom/ Shadow
DOM - due 1 Sep [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2052 - Review
https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow
dom [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2016-09-01].

CYNS: give to me with a late September due date

<MichaelC> action-2052 due 31 Aug

<trackbot> Set action-2052 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/shadow-dom/ shadow
dom due date to 2016-08-31.

<MichaelC> Web Authentication: A Web API for accessing scoped credentials
<https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/>

JF: sounds like a web payments thing

SM: it is NOT a web payments thing

ack left,

ack left, hand, neet, right

discussion around this - appears to be a duplication of effort

MC: Shane is going to look at this

SM: yes, this is very important - a11y issues can be huge

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* Shane to review https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/ Web
Authentication: A Web API for accessing scoped credentials [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2053 - Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webauthn/ web
authentication: a web api for accessing scoped credentials [on Shane
McCarron - due 2016-06-08].
RQTF Formation
https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/work-statement

JS: touched on this a bit last week, some editorial work has continued
since then

JW: some work has started, but not anticipating any comments before a CfC
shold happen

[people go off and read this]

JS: any objection to moving this to a CfC?

FE: what is HCI?

JF: Human Computer Interface

<ShaneM> +0 - don't mind

JS: we should be consistent with acronyms

JW: can make that editorial change

+1 to moving forward

*RESOLUTION: Issue CfC RQTF Work Statement*
Action-2045 DOM Parsing & Serialization
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016May/0044.html

FE: provides methods on how to modify the DOM after it is loaded

there is one method, "insert adjacent HTML" which allows HTML to be
injected into the DOm after the page is loaded

but we have an issue with CSS injecting something into the DOM - this may
be related

LJW: my understanding that CSS doesn't inject into the DOM

JS: this may not be the CSS problem then, but it still may be an issue

FE: wondering if this technique has an issue

LJW: discussed with others, and as far as she knows this is pretty
straight-forward

it is simple DOM injection, and it updates the DOM on trigger

CYNS: this is an older technique and we recommend it

FE: sounds like many feel this is not a concern

JS: seems to be...

FE: this was my only concern, but it sounds like it isn't

<MichaelC> close action-2044

<trackbot> Closed action-2044.

<MichaelC> close action-2045

<trackbot> Closed action-2045.
CSS -- Updates and Next StepsPointer Lock

action-2023

<trackbot> action-2023 -- Léonie Watson to John to ask Aaron for input on
Pointer Lock https://www.w3.org/TR/pointerlock/ -- due 2016-05-18 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2023

LJW: filed one issue against Pointer Lock spec

based on first feedback from AiS

LJW: found it difficult to create as issues to file against the spec

JF: Leonie and I should work off-line to continue working with AiSquared
... will target update for next week
CSS -- Updates and Next Steps

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016May/0058.html

transission request

want to clarify that we do not object to the publish, but requesting an
updated CR and extension of time

JS: also to note that the accessibility work was work-in-progress but NOT
completed

also to note that there is an express and explicit dependency on us

need to coordinate a TF

JS: think next step is to draft wrk statement

CYNS: agreed

MC: still need to get this statement written up

JS: target to have this by next week?

MC: hope so, but...

CYNS: may not be here next week...

JS: seems that's it then

thanks all - meeting adjorned

trackbot, end meeting
Summary of Action Items*[NEW]* *ACTION:* cynthia to review
https://www.w3.org/TR/shadow-dom/ Shadow DOM - due 1 Sep [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action03]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* esch to review https://www.w3.org/TR/css-overflow-3/ CSS
Overflow Module Level 3 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action02]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Janina to review https://www.w3.org/TR/audio-output/
Audio Output Devices API [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action01]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Shane to review https://www.w3.org/TR/webauthn/ Web
Authentication: A Web API for accessing scoped credentials [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#action04]

Summary of Resolutions

   1. Issue CfC RQTF Work Statement
   <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/01-apa-minutes.html#resolution01>


-- 
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Consultant
Deque Systems Inc.
john.foliot@deque.com

Advancing the mission of digital accessibility and inclusion
Received on Wednesday, 1 June 2016 17:01:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 1 June 2016 17:01:15 UTC