Re: [web-annotation] (model) vague definition of charactor position for text position selector

I really don't know how to handle this for the model or vocabulary, but for
client APIs I've been thinking of "strict" and "loose" modes for a while
now.

I've had an issue for this on my dom-seek library [1] for a year now. In
it, I suggest using a library, punycode, to get arrays of code points and
normalization to make the representation consistent, but if we say "code
points" rather than "symbols" we probably shouldn't normalize but take the
code points _as serialized_. Being explicit about normalization would be
nice.

However, in JavaScript, this would likely dramatically impact performance
for a text position anchor.

[1] https://github.com/tilgovi/dom-seek/issues/1