Re: Sample implementation reports

On Jun 11, 2016, at 5:47 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

>> On 11 Jun 2016, at 13:32, Shane McCarron <shane@spec-ops.io> wrote:
>>
>> Ivan et. al.,
>>
>> I talked with Gregg yesterday about the implementation reports.  In the end, we feel that the most practical course is to just use the report format supplied by the Web Platform Tests.  This requires that we get some skeletal directories in place.  I am going to talk to the relevant parties about that right now.
>>
>> You can see an example at http://w3c.github.io/test-results/battery-status/all.html
>>
>> For us, I expect the data will be in annotation-model/all.html, annotation-protocol/all.html, and annotation-vocab/all.html
>>
>> Basically, the way this works is that as people run their tests, they update one or more JSON files in the relevant directory with their test results.  These are then automagically pulled into the report.
>>
>> While these reports are not quite what I wanted, they 1) just work, 2) come for free from using WPT, 3) are going to be familiar to the powers that be.
>
> That works for me. Whatever is simple(r) to produce for you guys; that is my only concerns
>
> Ivan
>
> P.S., actually, the powers that have become familiar with Gregg's report format, too; I am not sure how many groups' results were reported that way. Four? (RDFa, JSON-LD and maybe other RDF, CSVW…)

The issue is that my reports depend on EARL submissions and a manifest describing each test in RDF. While we could do such a manifest, the WPT reporting format is not compatible with EARL, and can't be made so particularly easily. This may be worth revisiting at some time for a future group, but timing isn't right, and other Web Platform users may not be too sympathetic to the requirements for EARL reports.

Gregg