From: Testdev [mailto:testdev-bounces@lists.spec-ops.io] On Behalf Of Shane McCarron
Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 10:46 AM
To: Discussions about Test Development <testdev@lists.spec-ops.io>
Cc: W3C Public Annotation List <public-annotation@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [Testdev] [model-test] referencing external schema

Did you get any traction on this Tim?

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Timothy Cole <t-cole3@illinois.edu<mailto:t-cole3@illinois.edu>> wrote:
We are currently developing json schemas to help test for implementations of SpecificResource features of the data model.  I've uploaded 4 of the schemas currently being developed to https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation-tests/tree/master/SpecificResource (these are first drafts, not quite ready, still being debugged and refined). All 4 schemas share a definitions section containing 2 sub-schemas (appended below).  These are easy to reference internally where needed, but it would be even more convenient to reference them as external schemas.  This should be possible using $ref, but I've had difficulties getting this approach to work with my local ajv instance, especially with regard to relative file locations.

Is anyone familiar enough with how $ref works within the Web Platform Testing framework's implementation of ajv to advise?

Below is the current way the sub-schemas are embedded in each primary schema. Obviously this works, but it means repeating the same sub-schemas in multiple files, which is obviously less efficient than if these sub-schemas could be referenced as individual files.

Thanks,
Tim Cole

{
    "definitions": {