Re: [web-annotation] Range Selector

> On 19 Feb 2016, at 19:14, Rob Sanderson <notifications@github.com>
wrote:

>  to the functionality. Let's discuss the details
>
> To try and make this slightly more concrete, is the proposal to
allow:

> {
>   "type": "RangeSelector",
>   "startSelector": {
>     "type": "FragmentSelector",
>     "value": "startId"},
>   "endSelector": {
>     "type": "FragmentSelector",
>     "value": "endId"}
> }
> With the semantics being that the selection is from the beginning of
 source.html#startId until the ... beginning? ... of source.html#endId
 ?

> Thus a new class oa:RangeSelector (subClassOf oa:Selector), and two
new relationships oa:hasStartSelector, oa:hasEndSelector (both with
domain oa:RangeSelector, range of oa:Selector)

> Note that they can't be just start and end, as they're already in
use for TextPositionSelector
(https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/#text-position-selector
<https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/#text-position-selector>)

I am fine with this. There is only so many ways of doing this, and
this seems to be an obvious one.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at