Re: [web-annotation] Annotation Collections: different IRIs for embedded IRIs and embedded descriptions.

> On 14 Dec 2016, at 16:30, gsergiu <notifications@github.com> wrote:
>
> Within the section Representations with Annotation IRIs
<https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/#representations-with-annotation-iris>
 the same annotation collection ( in the sense that it contains the
same annotations objects), gets 2 different IRIs.

> "id": "http://example.org/annotations/?iris=1"
> "id": "http://example.org/annotations/?iris=0"
> Consequently, a client will consider that these 2 responses contain
2 different collections.
> However, the fact is that the client retrieves 2 different
representations of the same collection.

> Is there a posibility to move the iris param from the url? Can we
consider using different profiles and/or headers so that the ids of
collections are the same, independently from the representation of
annotations?

I do not think the standard specifies any of that, those are only
examples for the URI-s that a specific implementation may use.

> This seems to be conceptually related to #371
<https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/371>

And just as that one, I would like to label this issue as 'postponed'.
 At this point, when we plan to vote for a Proposed Rec this week, we
cannot do any technical change on the documents any more.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at