RE: CFC: Basic Roles Proposal

Hi Doug;

From: Doug Schepers [mailto:schepers@w3.org]
> I don't think there's any meaningful difference between an annotator's
> motivation in creating a particular body or target, and the functional role that
> body or target plays.

So in the example I cited, (3.1.7)  there are three roles (1) comparing (2)  antecedent (3)  subsequent.

The intent of the annotation is to "compare" two passages. I would say the annotation is motivated by "comparing".

The comparison is "The first passage is a clear derivative of the second".    The roles on the two target resources support the comparison by indicating which is the first and which is the second.   I would say those are the roles that those two resources play in the comparison.

Do you really not think there is a meaningful distinction?

Ray