From: Robert Sanderson [mailto:azaroth42@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 12:06 AM
To: Ivan Herman
Cc: Kanai, Takeshi; W3C Public Annotation List
Subject: Re: Basic Roles Proposal

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org<mailto:ivan@w3.org>> wrote:
Hi Takeshi,
> Let me confirm. If a person/system would like to set language to the body text for some reasons, the person/system has to take 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 approach and add unknown role property. Correct?

Although I am not Rob, but…
I believe it is not necessary to add an unknown property. Ie,

    "body": {
      "content": {
         "text": "I love this thing",
         "language" : "en"
      }
    }

is also fine.

Yes, this is exactly correct :)

Or the exact same structure in Turtle:

_:anno a oa:Annotation ;
  oa:hasBody [
    oa:hasSource [
      oa:text "I love this thing" ;
      dc:language "en"
    ]
  ]
]

Though I expect that most annotations will at least be able to say that it's commenting versus tagging.

Actually, if we accept 3.2.3, then we can also say
    "body": {
        "text": "I love this thing",
        "language" : "en
    }