Re: Question on annotation of HTML content

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's also quite possible, but the Annotation is a bit irrelevant :) Not
> a bad thing, per se.
>
> This issue of whether, and if so how, to make assertions with
> Annotations.  We have tagging, but potential implementers and adopters
> should consider whether the annotation machinery is actually required, or
> whether using the SpecificResource pattern is sufficient.

Right. That. :)

So. How/Where should we call that out?

It's been one of the primary topics on this list for nearly a week now, so
it's likely to come up again. :)

Maybe we define the core things we're adding to the world's vocabulary
(SpecificResource, a few selectors, etc) and *then* explain what we're
adding to those for various use cases (body, creator, etc)?

Maybe a "Specific Resource Data Model" and then an "Web Annotation Data
Model" based on those bits?

Or does that cut too deeply?

Just an idea. ^_^