From: Paolo Ciccarese [paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 November 2015 14:34
To: Hugo Manguinhas
Cc: W3C Public Annotation List
Subject: Re: What happened to semantic tagging?

Hi Hugo,
Semantic tagging is still present but it is achieved through roles, if you look at the list of the changes this is the entry: Align Tags and SemanticTags with roles for body and target.

You might want to look at this section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-annotation-model-20151015/#roles-for-external-resources

Best,
Paolo