Re: [web-annotation] Define json-ld profile URI for OA serialization context and structure

> On 4 Nov 2015, at 05:02, Rob Sanderson <notifications@github.com>
wrote:

> Noting external discussions relevant to this issue:
>
> Discussion with the Social Web WG resulted in the point that AS will
 create its own media type (activity+json) as they want to have it be
able to legitimately include information that is NOT valid in JSON-LD.
 An example given was list of lists, which are not possible in
JSON-LD, but used in GeoJSON. The compromise (thanks to @jasnell
<https://github.com/jasnell>) was to also mint a profile URI for when
the content is JSON-LD
> Discussion with @manusporny confirmed that using the context
document as the URI for the profile document is fine, and that
documentation could be included within the body of the document as
JSON-LD processors MUST ignore it.
> Discussions with IETF revealed that it should be possible to
register a file extension (or other such features typically associated
 with full media types) when registering a profile. That we should try
 to do so, and work with them to ensure that the process is consistent
 and smooth.
The CSVW WG also defined its own media type for the CSV Metadata
content which is, in fact, defined in JSON-LD, although that fact is
only visible in the presence of a @context.

That being said, I would prefer to avoid any structure that is not
valid JSON-LD.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by iherman
See