Re: Updated Protocol WD

Sorry for missing this question earlier!

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Timothy Cole <t-cole3@illinois.edu> wrote:

> Quick LDP-related question/clarification.
>
> When you query an LDP container (e.g., example 3 in the protocol draft
> below), you expect to receive a contains header, e.g., from example 3:
>
>     "contains": ["anno1","anno2","anno3","anno4"]
>

> If you have a child basic container that also holds annotations, the name
> of the container should also be listed, right?  But not the items in the
> sub-container? How is the sub-container listed – i.e., do you include the
> trailing slash?

Yes, anything that is contained directly within the container should be
listed, but not recursively.   The sub-container should have the trailing
slash to avoid the same resource (the container) having two URIs, one with
the slash and one without.

It would probably be good practice not to mix both annotations and
sub-containers inside a container, to avoid naive clients trying to
retrieve and render sub-containers as annotations.

At which point, the spec would talk only about the leaf containers, not any
structure above them. Thoughts on that scoping?

 Also, how do direct or indirect containers that are children of an
> annotation get enumerated? Or do they?

They wouldn't.  At Stanford we use direct containers to hold the bodies and
targets of the annotations, but we took that out from the first draft of
the protocol as unnecessarily complex.

 I think this is all clear in the LDP documentation, but I’ve not fully
> wrapped my head around these details yet.

I will try and get a revised draft following from the discussion at the F2F
and around authentication from our last call available shortly.