Re: Body as Named graph

Hi Giulio,

Apologies for not answering the question earlier, and thanks for pushing on
it.

The current opinion of the WG, which is certainly able to change based on
input and further discussion, is that a named graph body is outside of the
scope of the WG efforts, but is not (and must not be) prevented by them.
In essence, as any resource can be the body of the annotation, and a named
graph is a resource, it can be the body of the annotation and we don't need
to specify it explicitly.

The challenge is the turtle serialization if the named graph is embedded in
the annotation's serialization, as turtle does not support named graphs.
[Happy to be corrected if that's not the case!]  JSON-LD, which is our
default serialization, does support them thankfully.

If there is an issue that named graphs in particular bring up, then we
could specify things more explicitly.  One point to keep in mind is that we
would need two implementations and a test suite in order for the feature to
make it through the standardization process.  If you would be willing to
take the lead on that, it might help?

Many thanks,

Rob