Re: Protocol WD for TAG ready?

(email sent not as chair)

I suggest the following changes:

-------
[1] section 4.1

(a) replace: "however clients MUST NOT assume that the server will honor their preferences."
with "however clients cannot assume that the server will honor their preferences [rfc-7231]."

(b) Add reference

[rfc-7231] "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Semantics and Content"

rationale: This MUST NOT is not a testable assertion, nor is it necessary given the HTTP specification.

-------
Editorial updates to add HTTP/1.1 references for various headers:

[2] section 4.1, line "The response must have an  ETag  header with an entity reference value that implements the notion of entity tags from HTTP [rfc7230]. "

(a) change reference to [rfc7232]

(b) Add reference

[rfc-7232] "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Conditional Requests"
-------

[3] section 4.1, line "The response must have an  Allow  header that lists the HTTP methods available for the Annotation."

change to "The response must have an  Allow  header that lists the HTTP methods available for the Annotation [rfc7231]."
-------

[4] section 4.1, line "The response must have a  Vary  header with  Accept  in the value. "

change to "The response must have a  Vary  header with  Accept  in the value [rfc7231]."
-------

[5] section 5.1.1

typo: retreive

-------

We may want to publish an updated WD and then share that, so there is no confusion as we continue work in parallel with review (also good to have an updated WD for clarity)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch

www.fjhirsch.com
@fjhirsch