Re: [web-annotation] Yet Another JSON-LD the protocol spec to use?

Also, I think it would be helpful to put the `@context` "fear" aside.

As a developer, it's pretty easy to pick out the bits of a data structure
that you need, and ignore the others. If it really keeps them up at night,
they could put a couple lines together that strip that key out on the
JSON(-LD)'s way to whatever storage thing they're currently using.

Additionally, Rob, you mentioned something about "just using the
`;profile=` structure" vs. registering a custom media type. If we go that
route, I'm guessing clients could do one of the three following things,
correct?
 - Accept: application/json
 - Accept: application/ld+json
 - Accept: application/ld+json;profile=http://...

Each with increasing "accuracy" and/or meaning, correct?

I guess in the case of the last two the server *could* respond with the
more accurate Content-Type containing the full profile URL based on what it
found?

I'm mostly trying to see the forest for the trees. :) This conversation has
been great, but in it lies some pretty (drastic?) assumptions about the
groups we're serving, how much they understand, and what they're OK /
not-OK with.

I'd like to see us get back to: "if we do X, then it's (im)possible to do
Y." Less theory; more practice...maybe? :)

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread (and the other related
ones). It's been fun, helpful, and generally a good time. ;)

Cheers!
Benjamin