Re: [model] Proposal: Allow motivatedBy on SpecificResource

The problem is discovering the body/bodies of the annotation.  To map what
you're suggesting in to the data model, it would be making sub-properties
of hasBody to encapsulate all of the different roles that the body can play.

So:

{@type: Annotation
 comment : {value: "A comment"},
 tag : [ {value: "tag1"}, {value: "tag2"} ]
 target : "http://cnn.com/"
}

One might also do the same for targets, of course, for example to determine
which target is being compared to which, or is derived from which, etc.

If there were a very small, easily enumerable set of roles that *everyone*
would use then this could work ... but this just isn't the case. This
resulted in the use of SKOS concepts for motivations that you see now.

And, as Randall says, in the privacy of your own implementation, you can do
whatever you want for optimization.  The primary concern of the
specification is interoperability between systems, not performance within a
single closed system.

Hope that helps,

Rob