From: Randall Leeds [mailto:randall@bleeds.info]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:42 PM
To: Kanai, Takeshi; Doug Schepers; W3C Public Annotation List
Subject: Re: Rough Draft of Robust Anchoring: the RangeFinder API

I was the one who suggested "asciiFolding" to Doug.

I wonder if unicode normalization should be implied rather than explicit. I am not a unicode expert but I thought normalization did not change the glyph, only the byte representation. If that's the case, maybe it's not necessary to expose that in the API.
Any suggestions on how to handle this for non-latin script are very helpful! Thank you!