Re: Motivation: Gerund or Infinitive

Two quick things come to mind:
1. (un)known implementations of the current OA specification
2. oa:motivatedBy as the predicate

oa:motivatedBy comment
has potentially different meaning than
oa:motivatedBy commenting

The first (to me at least) implies that my annotation was motivated by a
prior comment I found--which I'm presumably referencing somewhere or other.

The second more clearly states that my annotation is motivated by this ugly
gerund thing, commenting. ;)

The gerund form also becomes useful when you add more than one. My
annotation may be motivated by bookmarking, commenting, and tagging all at
the same time (vs. motivated by bookmark, comment, tag).

You're kind to offer the editorial help (and I'm sure Rob will bug you
front now on for more of it ;) ), but I'm not sure we're ready to change
oa:motivatedBy and if not, then this change to the infinitive form causes
legibility problems that exceed the annoyance of typing "ing" over and
over. :)

It's the color it is. I'd vote we leave it alone.