Re: My thoughts on the multi-body alternatives (as shown on Tim's wiki page)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 9:11 AM, TB Dinesh <dinesh@servelots.com> wrote:

> > Well… the only thing I can say is that this may indeed be a way to
> define things but this is not what JSON-LD does:-)
>
> JSON-LD is JSON

So...this is actually not true...as it turns out. :) The underlying data
models are different. The only hope is to make them not collide (too often).

For instance, according to JSON-LD's spec, the first 4 tabs on any example
in the JSON-LD playground are *equivalent*:
http://json-ld.org/playground/

In JSON, they don't match in the least, and would each have separate
parsing code to handle the "crazy" format changes.

To JSON-LD, they're all the same graph, just serialized differently.

It's analogous to RDFa in HTML.

> so the pattern should be normal way of pointing

> i.e.,
>
> >> a1url a a1url/a ;
> >> a1url/a b "something" ;
> >> a1url/a c "something else" ;
>
> from outside the document
>
>  a1url a a1url.a ;
>  a1url.a b "something" ;
>  a1url.a c "something else" ;
>
> provided that we assume the root id a1url is where the JSON document is.
>
> b and c are also pointed by a1url.a.b and a1url.a.c
>
> Just that this thought helps reduce the blankness of Bnodes a bit for me.

This conversation definitely needs it's own thread. :)

Turning blank nodes into something meaningful is as easy as setting "@id"
to some value. Now...that value should be an absolute URI (URL, URN, IRI,
et al) or if it's a relative URI, it is relative to a) @context's @base (if
set) or b) the URL the JSON-LD was served from. @base is analogous to
HTML's base tag, so it acts essentially the same.

Does that solve the problem?

If not, could you start a separate thread for it? ^_^

Cheers!
Benjamin
--
Developer Advocate