RE: My thoughts on the multi-body alternatives (as shown on Tim's wiki page)

Rob-

[Some of this may be moot given the thread Doug started, but I wanted to close the loop (and had some computer issues last night).]

Indeed, I had forgotten the non-body use of EmbeddedContent for the stylesheet and selector. (Would it be worthwhile creating a class and predicate name index for the model document?)  These additional uses of EmbeddedContent Class do make attaching hasRole less desirable (though not out of the question). I also take your point that allowing hasRole only on the SpecificResource class simplifies the filter pattern for including proper default type:value via framing (so they don't have to be explicit in the JSON). So assuming the following patterns are what you have in mind, I concur:

"body": {

   "role": "tagging" ,

   "source": "http://example.org/tagPlus1"

}

"body": {

   "role": "tagging" ,

   "source": { "value": "+1" }

}

Which look quite reasonable. The trade-off of not allowing hasRole on EmbeddedContent is that we'll need to explain / defend why the following, which will likely seem intuitive and natural to at least some JSON developers, is not considered equivalent:

"body": {

   "role": "tagging" ,

   "value": "+1"

 }

And of course regardless we will still need to explain / defend why the following is not considered equivalent:

"body": {

   "role": "tagging" ,

   "id": "http://example.org/tagPlus1"

}

I think this can be done, but we should think about how best to do so.

Lastly, I wanted to confirm one edge case regarding use of SpecificResource, hasSource and dc:format. Is the following okay (assuming a community wanted to define an xPathSelector subclass of oa:Selector, details not defined here)?

"body": {

   "role": "commenting" ,

   "format": "text/plain" ,

   "source": {   "id": "http://example.org/tei.xml" ,

                            "format": "text/tei" } ,

  "selector": { ... an xPathSelector ... }

}

 Thanks,

 Tim Cole