Re: roles and multiple bodies

> On 05 Aug 2015, at 16:48 , Denenberg, Ray <rden@loc.gov> wrote:
>
> From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
>> what we say, in human terms, that the subject of a triple with the predicate
>> hasRoleAssignment is an annotation, and its object is an 'Assignment', and the
>> predicates refer back to the subject of the hasRoleAssignment.
>
> However, if the RoleAssignment becomes a resource - an independent resource -- then the RoleAssignment becomes the subject of triples, with (potentially) no connection to the annotation.

potentially: yes. But that is would be a bug.

But one can mitigate the issue. There is a separate Working Group running right now (RDF Data Shapes WG[1]) that will provide means to control the structures of the data to see if there is a discrepancy. (Today, based on the the definition of the right domain and range specifications, and some additional OWL definitions, complex Semantic Web reasoners can also detect some inconsistencies, but there are only a few being able to do so.) Although the Data Shapes work is ongoing, we do not have to have a normative dependency on what they do, so it should be o.k.

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/

> Rob - can you weigh in on this?  Am I wrong?
>
> Ray

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead