Re: [model] Clarifying annotation architecture

If a system consumes an annotation with blank nodes and subsequently
assigns then URIs, I don't see a problem.

A different system that does the same will assign its own URIs, and so
there is no conflict, there are now two different resources that duplicate
the content, each can be the subject of statements independently.

A system that wishes to annotate these resources would use the typical
SpecificResource construction to avoid making open world statements about
the originals.

So, I see no problem at all with using blank nodes for the bodies as in
Tim's example. In practice, I imagine that annotations with blank nodes
might acquire URIs as they are shared and reproduced, but so what?

The worst case scenario is that two independent consumers assign different
URIs, then subsequent statements about these have their relationship
obscured.

That's maybe really not so bad.

Yet the construction is much simpler and elegant for the producer.

Anyway, isn't part of the purpose of an annotation data model to capture
references not a priori uniquely identified by the publisher? If we really
want to make a statement about a blank node, maybe the right move is to
select it out of some more canonical reference? GraphPathSelector anyone? ;)