Re: Social Web F2F recap

> I don't believe there's been any conclusion or clear path set yet--in
> anyone's mind--in part because the Social WG's work is still
> formative.
> Short term action looks like our working to understand what they're
> building and understanding our own needs, so we can pick between those
> two extremes, or chart a third course...whatever that may be. :)

+1 to this and all Benjamin said, see below.

I think key is that we need to recognize that the social web goals may be differ as they seek adoption in certain communities and thus we may not have exact re-use by the Annotation WG, but interop is still possible.  We should not block on each other.

One additional major outcome to mention is that we've started to establish a good relationship with the social web WG, so that we can communicate  and work constructively together. This is valuable.

This work is going to require iteration and further sharing, but to start with we need to figure out as the Annotation WG what we want to do in the simplest manner, then sync up.

Benjamin - much thanks for the concise and excellent summary.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Co-Chair, W3C Web Annotation WG

www.fjhirsch.com