Re: annotation protocol

First, thank you Ray for bringing this up! Great to have Rob's clarification.

More thoughts inline.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ray, all,
>
> Apologies for the shorthand of "protocol", it came from the naming
> discussion.
>
> By "protocol", I mean:  any network interaction between systems (deliverable
> 4).
>
> This would thus include, and not be limited to:

The first part of this list should be out of scope for us--it's the
domain of content systems the Web over.

Or, put another way:
>   * Client creating an Annotation in a (remote, networked) storage system
POST

>   * Client updating the annotation
PUT

>   * Client deleting the annotation
DELETE

>   * Client retrieving the annotation
GET

:)

The following list is where we can bring something truly valuable to
the Web (or find it and make it even better). These also relate more
closely to our data model and it's representations and where things
like Linked Data Profile (LDP) could play a roll--if folks choose the
turtle representation.

>   * Client searching for matching annotations
>   * Client browsing annotations
>   * Server notifying client, or another server, that an annotation was
> created/updated/deleted/retrieved
>   * Server A synchronizing annotations from Server B

I have a personal interest in this stack of "edges" of the annotating
experience and space, and would love to contribute in exploring them.
I'm also new here. :)

Rob, what is the best way / place to participate in developing the Use
Cases and doing the exploration of what's needed here?

Thanks again Ray for getting this conversation started.
Thanks again Rob for the clarification.

Cheers,
Benjamin
--